The stang is going to sleep

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Within a week or two I will be parking the stang for the long, cold Canadian winter. It's already getting below freezing at night and my car is covered by a thick layer of frost in the morning. I already have a nice garage spot reserved and a just bought a car cover. I've been trying to drive her as much as possible lately and hopefully I can remember the feeling the rest of the winter.

I'd just like to say I hate all y'all who don't have much of a winter where you live, the kind of winter without snow, ice and -40F. At least my baby will be safe, no salt, no sand, no grime.

I think I'm dying inside.:dramaqueen:

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1

1st of november mine is going to sleep until (i hope) 1st of april or like this year 1st of may.

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
Im one of the idiots who still drives mine in freezing rain and snow. lol got no other option but riding my bike. 300 horsepower anempty parking lot and lots of snow and ice is one of the most fun things you will ever experience.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im one of the idiots who still drives mine in freezing rain and snow. lol got no other option but riding my bike. 300 horsepower anempty parking lot and lots of snow and ice is one of the most fun things you will ever experience.
+1...except when you have to make it up a hill, on ice, from a stop. :beat:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So don't miss that aspect of winter......I feel your pain about dying inside, not getting to drive it. Imagine what Herky must have felt like....

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'd just like to say I hate all y'all who don't have much of a winter where you live, the kind of winter without snow, ice and -40F. At least my baby will be safe, no salt, no sand, no grime.

I think I'm dying inside.:dramaqueen:
LOL....

Winter here in San Diego is when we have our best racing weather. :thumb:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol yea don your winter is like their summer tho lol yea that about the only reason my ass is still down here fuk all that snow n shit i think it has snowed down here twice in the last 30 years lol

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Our winter is just about to start in San Diego, SOME DAY?? :roflmao:

7_Day_Beach_640x480.jpg

7_Day_Inland_640x480.jpg

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was out mowing my yard yesterday in shorts and a wife beater. What is this bullshit about putting your vehicle in to storage for the last few months of the year and first few months of the new year. I don't understand...

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I was out mowing my yard yesterday in shorts and a wife beater. What is this bullshit about putting your vehicle in to storage for the last few months of the year and first few months of the new year. I don't understand...
Truthfully, mine is in storage about 1/2 the year, too. Of course, its about 12 hours each night, in my garage. I hate it when there is dew on the windows in the morning.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just dont drive in the rain and snow. I look forward to the days I can take her out in the winter. Utah snowed a shitload last year...fuckin global warming right?

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
vapour it has been colder here in kansas city this week than it is there in canada. Now thats some bullshit I love writing up old peoples cars at 7 am when its 30 degrees out side and we have fucking ford diesel buses taking up half our drive along with people who park their night drop cars up against our garage doors and then forget to put the keys in the packet so the whole front of the garage is blocked off. Yeah that really happend yesterday.

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
+1...except when you have to make it up a hill, on ice, from a stop. :beat:

I get snow tires every winter and have them studded so hills arent a problem. my 02 ss camaro though always threw fits with the studs on there the tcs went crazy engaging on the highway at times and not letting me accelerate.

underdog

Reaction score
I had to actually wear a wind breaker today until 9am. Winter in Houston is terrible but I bet summer in Canada does not melt the grass.

k3druid

Reaction score
Mines been in Hibernation for Two weeks. :tdown:
Wake up date is in April (nice weather). :thumb:

Hang in there, It will be just like driving a new car in Spring.:clap:

Attachments

• oct 002 (Medium).jpg
    oct 002 (Medium).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Snow 002 (Medium).jpg
    Snow 002 (Medium).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 8

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Having resided in Florida and Texas (I refuse to call either of those living) and now moving back to 9000 ft in Colorado in a couple of months, I wouldn't care if I could only drive the car a month out of the year, it would still be worth it.

Besides, now that I'll have a place to work I can finish my AWD Ranger, and it's almost as quick as the Saleen.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back