TR6060 pricing/swap

RavenGT

Reaction score
MT 82 is weak, has trouble shifting at.high rpms. Some of that is clutch related, some is not.
I've heard that on the internet, but mine shifts just fine at high RPMs. Had a problem with the pedal sticking to the floor on high RPM shifts, but that was easy to fix.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I've heard that on the internet, but mine shifts just fine at high RPMs. Had a problem with the pedal sticking to the floor on high RPM shifts, but that was easy to fix.
You could be one of the few lucky ones. As long as the clutch fully releases, thats good for the trans.
I have a buddy, had a 13 Boss. Broke his trans twice, and he bought the car new. He is not a young kid who abused the car. He only did HPDE events. No issues with his previous car, or the GT350 he got to replace the Boss.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Is there any benefit the 6060 provides other than a sixth gear and a higher torque capacity? If that's it, then just go with an MT82.
The T56 mag/6060 has four or five different gear combinations available to choose from and three different synchro sets as well. I’m running a T56 mag with 2.66, 1.78, 1,30, 1.00, 0.8, 0.63. A six speed close ratio with carbon synchros on the first two gears, hybrid synchros on 3rd and 4th and conventional on the rest. All these parts are Tremec and will fit several Ford, Chevy and Mopar transmissions.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The MT-82's I've driven shift as bad or possibly worse than the TR3650.

Run an MGW gen 2 shifter with the TR6060 and you will barely know it is a remote mount shifted transmission.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And its gone again. The seller needs add his user name and date to the ad. The mods keep deleting his thread because of this.

MrBhp

Reaction score
And its gone again. The seller needs add his user name and date to the ad. The mods keep deleting his thread because of this.
Yeah, bizarre. I've been a member of that site for years. Now it tells me I can't access for sale threads because I'm a new member.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got in touch with the local guy with a TR6060. Said he wouldn't take less than 1800 for it, and all it comes with is the factory shifter. He is also not 100% sure what year it is.

Waakeeen

Reaction score
I’m in the process of doing the swap too, question will my current throw out bearing work or do I need a different one?

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Throw out bearing will depend on the clutch. The stock one will work with a setup for an 07-09 GT-500, or a 26 spline setup listed for a 05-10 GT. If you use one from a later GT500, the pressure plate setup is thicker and you'll need the correct throw out bearing for it.

Brian Pater

Reaction score
Found a guy on Craigslist that has a TR6060 out of a GT500, he thinks an 09. I haven't done a whole lot of research on the swap, but sounds like I'd need a GT500 cross member, new shifter, and new clutch/flywheel.

Main question: what are the 6060s worth?
Depends. There are different versions. The track pack version has a integral oil pump and has a higher torque capacity. Also there are different gear ratios.
You will also have to shorten your driveshaft and get a Bowler all in one trans harness.

Last edited:

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Depends. There are different versions. The track pack version has a integral oil pump and has a higher torque capacity. Also there are different gear ratios.
You will also have to shorten your driveshaft and get a Bowler all in one trans harness.
Thanks for the information. Right now I am looking for any TR6060 that is from 2007-2012. I could care less about track pack version.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to distinguish between the different ratios/production years for the TR6060's? I might pick the one up locally if I can figure out if its an early model.

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to distinguish between the different ratios/production years for the TR6060's? I might pick the one up locally if I can figure out if its an early model.

Seems to me that with a sharpie and a 2nd set of eyes you should be able to mark a position on both the input and output shaft, put the transmission in gear, and turn the input shaft by hand. Count the corresponding turns of the output shaft for, say, 1st and 6th gear.

I'd think you could eyeball the difference between a 2.66 vs. 2.97 ratio and a .50 vs. a .63 ratio well enough.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Seems to me that with a sharpie and a 2nd set of eyes you should be able to mark a position on both the input and output shaft, put the transmission in gear, and turn the input shaft by hand. Count the corresponding turns of the output shaft for, say, 1st and 6th gear.

I'd think you could eyeball the difference between a 2.66 vs. 2.97 ratio and a .50 vs. a .63 ratio well enough.
I thought of this exact thing, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to go confirm it in person, and I doubt the seller is going to do this. This may be my only option though.

Surely there is some markings on them that tells the gear set?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back