Trying to decide between saving up and trading

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
i get attached to my cars so i cant just go around and trade it in cause of the engine lol.. ima go ahead and do what i planned

I'm a "one car for the remainder of it's life" kinda guy too. I know guys who started with an 05 V6 traded it for an 08 GT, traded that one for an 06 GT500, and then traded that for a new 5.0.........and are still not happy.......that just doesnt make sense to me. My car has character.......even if it never will beat one of the 5.0s

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I'm a "one car for the remainder of it's life" kinda guy too. I know guys who started with an 05 V6 traded it for an 08 GT, traded that one for an 06 GT500, and then traded that for a new 5.0.........and are still not happy.......that just doesnt make sense to me. My car has character.......even if it never will beat one of the 5.0s

on any given day there is ONE fastest street car, you will drive yourself crazy trying to trade up. Pay off your sixer if you love it. Then mod it, or leave it. Or keep it and buy something else you like. We have a V6 Pony, it's a sweet car. We have a lightly modded GT, it's a sweet car. We'll be buying a GT500 soon, they also, are sweet cars.

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
yea finally someone understands lol.. just to keep up with a 5.0 is a feat.. so your v8 beat my v6? barely.. i would hope so haha.. ive been wondering though if the tr6060 transmission comes automatic because i just found it on the D&D website for 3000 but it seems to be a manual kit.. and i dont think anyone has answered my question yet and i want to know what are the benefits or gains from a 6 speed transmission? or is it only necessary to withstand higher levels of torque

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
I recommend this site, has a ton of 4.0 v6 info http://www.mustangcollective.com/

Times 1 billion..........I've always asked "when will the day come that I ACTUALLY get one of those ridiculous deals that only last 5 minutes before someone buys it...........thanks to that forum, I'm now the proud owner of stage 2 intercooled procharger.........that I paid 2,500 for

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
ok so its manual only, now can anyone please tell me the difference ill feel between 6 speed and 5 speed

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
ok so its manual only, now can anyone please tell me the difference ill feel between 6 speed and 5 speed

IIRC, the T5 (5 speed v6) can hold low 300's whp, the TR3650 (5 speed gt) can hold 700 whp, the TR6060 (6 speed gt500) can hold more than the TR3650 and has the benefits of better gearing and gas mileage.

Go to mustang collective as said above, its the best v6 site I've seen.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back