Tunes for 5.0 On3 Twin Kit.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Looking at the on3 site I don't even see the kit having an option for a mid pipe

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Turbos completely change the sound and act as mufflers, so don't worry about rasp/etc.

Agreed on that. I hate loud exhaust, rasp, etc and think just about every exhaust besides stock sounds like dick on these coyotes. Until you throw turbos on them that is, then it tames it down nicely and they sound really good, even open downpipe.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
I've been in the turbo industry for a long time. Going fast is the easy part. Making a kit that last is the hard part. Just about anyone can weld up some pipes, throw on a turbo and go fast. Not many places can make a kit you can bolt on and drive 50k miles without issues. I would want a kit that is OEM level of engineering/quality that I could bolt on and not worry about for years. The on3 kit is no where near that. The only kit I would consider for a coyote after doing this for a long long time is the Fluid power kit.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
So your saying the ON3 kit is like a Lund tune and the JPC and CPR kit is like an AED tune??

:roflmao::whistling::poke::popcorn:

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
I've been in the turbo industry for a long time. Going fast is the easy part. Making a kit that last is the hard part. Just about anyone can weld up some pipes, throw on a turbo and go fast. Not many places can make a kit you can bolt on and drive 50k miles without issues. I would want a kit that is OEM level of engineering/quality that I could bolt on and not worry about for years. The on3 kit is no where near that. The only kit I would consider for a coyote after doing this for a long long time is the Fluid power kit.

That's the great thing about the Coyote turbo market right now, there are many ways to go fast and almost any kit out there will get it done. From the $3800 on3 up to the $12000 Armageddon.

I agree, the cast manifolds in the Fluid kit are very nice.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Looking at the on3 site I don't even see the kit having an option for a mid pipe

Site stated that the revisions made included having the downpipe location outlet at the stock header outlet location to allow the use of the stock midpipe to pass emissions.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
What exactly won't last on the kit besides the turbos? I'm only going to be running 6-7psi, I think it should last white a while under such a small load

Anyya8

Reaction score

What's ur thoughts on the hellion kit

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
What exactly won't last on the kit besides the turbos? I'm only going to be running 6-7psi, I think it should last white a while under such a small load

I think most are ok with the piping, it was just the main components (turbos, WG, BOV) that are knock offs and worry some.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO piping was too small, esp the one coming off the IC into the TB.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Exhaust piping preheader. Wastegastes, BOVs, Turbos. As long as you are ok replacing all of that over time, go for it.

No personal experience with the hellion twin kit on a 5.0. I have played with their kits on other cars. John is a stand up guy. That being said, I don't like any kit that runs welded pipes on a street car. They crack. For some people that isn't a big deal, pull them off, reweld it, and reinstall. For others, that is a complete pain in the butt. I would gladly pay the extra for a hellion kit over a on3 kit. I would also wait and get the FPC kit over both. Casting parts is the way to to go. Better heat retention, better reliability, and typically better fit/finish.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Exhaust piping preheader. Wastegastes, BOVs, Turbos. As long as you are ok replacing all of that over time, go for it.

No personal experience with the hellion twin kit on a 5.0. I have played with their kits on other cars. John is a stand up guy. That being said, I don't like any kit that runs welded pipes on a street car. They crack. For some people that isn't a big deal, pull them off, reweld it, and reinstall. For others, that is a complete pain in the butt. I would gladly pay the extra for a hellion kit over a on3 kit. I would also wait and get the FPC kit over both. Casting parts is the way to to go. Better heat retention, better reliability, and typically better fit/finish.

Been building kits for about 10 years now and cracking has never been a problem. Like anything else, an understanding, process and quality of materials are very important to longevity. From things I have seen online and in person A LOT of people can put the metal together, but many times the weld is burnt to shit and is all but guaranteed to break. One of our customers already has over 20k miles on their coyote kit and still holding. There has already been a company that did cast manifolds for the coyote and everyone one of them cracked. For what ever reason, idk. Any process can be screwed up.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Been building kits for about 10 years now and cracking has never been a problem. Like anything else, an understanding, process and quality of materials are very important to longevity. From things I have seen online and in person A LOT of people can put the metal together, but many times the weld is burnt to shit and is all but guaranteed to break. One of our customers already has over 20k miles on their coyote kit and still holding. There has already been a company that did cast manifolds for the coyote and everyone one of them cracked. For what ever reason, idk. Any process can be screwed up.

This, a good welded part has just as good longevity as a cast part. The problem is finding someone that knows how to weld properly and then takes the time to do it. Personally I would rather have jet hot coated mild steel welded headers then SS. Mild steel isn't as brittle as SS and I think it holds up better for turbo headers.

rayS197

Reaction score
Posted yesterday on FB . Sai Li- On3 TT Coyote 8psi. 5k stall converter. Stock motor.

10711107_10103256613317651_8638357199075316890_n.jpg

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
I've been tossing around the idea of either the twins or a paxton. Anyone have luck running the stock motor for a long period of time on this kit? I'm trying to stay away from turning my car into a ticking timebomb. I have a 14 Gt.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back