Twin Snail Build...

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Alright guys i am going to do a quick update on the build then let you kno whats happening.

Twin 405's Compliments of Jeremy:
be3d8ec2.jpg

The Drain Line was hitting the frame so i decided to throw a heat sleeve on it:
854124f3.jpg

Line running along the frame to the front is the AC Line ^ :)
a89241dd.jpg

I bought two each of these *Overflow and Catch can* then fabricated the bracket to make it work symmetrical in the car.

fe92c471.jpg

8ca2a894.jpg

0af91823.jpg

674117e9.jpg

On the car:
5dd8fac3.jpg

Vacum Distribution, Fuel Pressure Sensor, Boost Pressure Sensor, Eboost2 Solenoid mounting:
110d072c.jpg

Showin Each the Fender wells and how we tucked everything:
a382f1ab.jpg

ae1901d9.jpg

0585e0b6.jpg

c8a8ee8c.jpg

ae1901d9.jpg

The pretty much finished setup:

ce36d390.jpg

Start up had a few issues being the 405s soooo "huge" but with a 30% leaner map it started up and idled.

Pulled her down off the lift and start putting some miles on her.
914ed628.jpg

ce142987.jpg

Air condenser looks like shit but whatever:
337c8523.jpg

2a940f49.jpg

SO HARD TO STAY OUT OF BOOST

Drained the oil after 60miles and this is all i got:
92c3f02b.jpg

Last edited:

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Having issues with my Transmission or Clutch. Does not go into gear easily I think the TOB might be fucked. I get tuned tuesday so i will buy a TOB and wait till after to really inspect. Fluid was Drained from the ENTIRE system so idk if its still bleeding but 60miles on the car already and its only gotten a little better. Can we adjust our clutch peddles? Thats almost what it feels like. When shoving it into gear the car will roll slightly in that direction. Its a brand new RAM Dual Disc 10.5'' clutch assembly.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Having issues with my Transmission or Clutch. Does not go into gear easily I think the TOB might be fucked. I get tuned tuesday so i will buy a TOB and wait till after to really inspect. Fluid was Drained from the ENTIRE system so idk if its still bleeding but 60miles on the car already and its only gotten a little better. Can we adjust our clutch peddles? Thats almost what it feels like. When shoving it into gear the car will roll slightly in that direction. Its a brand new RAM Dual Disc 10.5'' clutch assembly.

Use a hand vacuum pump with a rubber stopper on the top of the master cylinder.
Draw a vacuum of 20"hg and pump the clutch pedal 10 times.
Pull the stopper off of the master cylinder to rapidly release the vacuum.
Repeat this 2-3 times to remove all the air from the system.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Looking good! You may still have bubbles in your line....took weeks to get mine all out. Id pump it 20-30 times before I drove it each time.

Corpo

I
Reaction score
Give it some time to break in before you panic too much. I was having a 1-2 shift issues at first but it seems to have worked itself out after a few hundred miles.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
The thing is its like a wall to get into gear. Its so tough im worried about breaking a shift fork. At a dead stop to get into first or reverse is near impossible without turning the car off and starting in gear. Also if you try to force it the car will roll because it isnt fully disengaging.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Car was on the dyno for a good 2 hours only got 3 pulls in cause the car wasnt making over 8psi. Switch to a manual boost controller and same deal. My Eboost2 is having a clicking issue at idle i am tryng to work through it with one of the managers of turbosmart.Made sure the wastgate doors on the turbo were shut more tightly and i netted 3 psi from that. I took it for a rip and hit 11-10 psi instead of the 8-7 from just fixing the doors to they have constant pressure on them. I then decided to disconnect the boost controller entirely and ran open wastgate easing into boost and hit 19-20psi blowing the donkey dick off. So we moved onto doing a full leak down test of the entire piping system and found MASSIVE leaks. Pressure testing it to 30psi.

Car made 460hp and tq with 8psi and no timing adjustments. Cant wait to go back with everything proper.

The Click:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEypdFsXdlw

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow yeah my solenoid clicks a few times at power on, but definetly not like that!

Car sounds good though!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had problems with a previous E controller running one solenoid, on my twin setup. It would do the same thing as yours and not allow higher boost. When I did my EBoost2 I used dual solenoids and haven't had any problems with this setup. It may be overkill but it works.

Earl

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Car is totaled engine bay is still Prestine as well as the motor and trans. Let me know what you want, any piece of the engine bay or car is for sale. I am working on a list as of now but the turbo kit is up for grabs, BA5000, strut tower brace and arms, tial bov, eboost 2, the catch can units we made, 160 tstat and housing, ANYthing and everything, AEM Gauges, ford racing gauges, their Pods, all of it. Fuck insurance. Comp custome grind cams, limiters.

You can have the motor if you live in NY just have a blown motor or stock motor to trade.

Time to move on.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Car is totaled engine bay is still Prestine as well as the motor and trans. Let me know what you want, any piece of the engine bay or car is for sale. I am working on a list as of now but the turbo kit is up for grabs, BA5000, strut tower brace and arms, tial bov, eboost 2, the catch can units we made, 160 tstat and housing, ANYthing and everything, AEM Gauges, ford racing gauges, their Pods, all of it. Fuck insurance. Comp custome grind cams, limiters.

You can have the motor if you live in NY just have a blown motor or stock motor to trade.

Time to move on.
WTF happened?
This reminds me of when I smacked mine no more than 5 days after installing the blower.
I might take you up on the motor offer.
What bottom end do you have in her?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back