Twin Twins

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm happy for you guys and it's a great kit but I sure wouldn't be tearing everything apart until I had all the new parts in hand.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I'm happy for you guys and it's a great kit but I sure wouldn't be tearing everything apart until I had all the new parts in hand.

We held off as long as we thought we could. Stuff has been sold and needs to go to the buyers. And, it is still going to take a lot of work and time to get the cars 'ready' for the kits, there are many more things to be removed. Between working full time and not killing ourselves in the extreme heat, we have to do this all gradually, when we can, as soon as we can.
Neither of the cars are our daily drivers, but they will be mostly ready for parts when they arrive. If we really wanted to, we could run n/a for a little while. But that's no fun :crazy:

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to respond to this. When my kit arrives..my car will be ready for installation. That's a WIN in my eyes.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We held off as long as we thought we could. Stuff has been sold and needs to go to the buyers. And, it is still going to take a lot of work and time to get the cars 'ready' for the kits, there are many more things to be removed. Between working full time and not killing ourselves in the extreme heat, we have to do this all gradually, when we can, as soon as we can.
Neither of the cars are our daily drivers, but they will be mostly ready for parts when they arrive. If we really wanted to, we could run n/a for a little while. But that's no fun :crazy:

I'm not sure how to respond to this. When my kit arrives..my car will be ready for installation. That's a WIN in my eyes.

I'm just old and looking at the down time on the car, I have been without my car more than I have been able to drive it because of builds. Nothing wrong with the way you're doing it and I didn't know everything had already been sold.

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Earl,
GOT IT!! That makes sense. I can feel some of that as well. My car has been down at times in the past due to builds as well..but this time around..I think the both of us are going to be in pretty good shape. Cheers

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
..well, not "everything" has been sold, but most of it has. We both have remaining items available, but the biggies, (i.e. the blowers) have been sold, and it's not nice to keep a buyer waiting for something they've bought!

We've all been without our cars due to builds for too long, some waaaay longer than others (we won't get into that here, as that's the past, this is now!). Ok so we maybe could have waited a week longer, but the cars were not going to be driven much if at all in that week, and we wanted to get started already! It has been torture waiting to do anything, something, to start this!

"Old"? Yeah, me too. But I still enjoy my toys!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Sub'd. Very interested to see how much you gain over the KB after everything is said and done! And yea, I'm getting "old" too! Summertime heat hits a bit harder than it used to.

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Mike and I worked on our cars Sunday from about 10-12..I'd say the temperature changed by 10* during that time. When we stopped it was maybe mid 90s?

Will probably start a little earlier next time and get stuff done in the mornings so it's not too hott.

The good thing is...we're in the south...so we have "Sweet Tea" to soften the pain. :)

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
The best part is the kit only takes about 4-5 hours to install minus routing all your water lines and vacuum lines. That takes time for most people because you want to make it look good and be out of the way of stuff like hot pipes and moving objects.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Mike and I worked on our cars Sunday from about 10-12..I'd say the temperature changed by 10* during that time. When we stopped it was maybe mid 90s?

Will probably start a little earlier next time and get stuff done in the mornings so it's not too hott.

The good thing is...we're in the south...so we have "Sweet Tea" to soften the pain. :)

Yea, sweet tea and cold beer! :beerchug2:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The best part is the kit only takes about 4-5 hours to install minus routing all your water lines and vacuum lines. That takes time for most people because you want to make it look good and be out of the way of stuff like hot pipes and moving objects.

Is that for one person? Things usually go faster with two people working together. And we know once we do one, the other should go on faster.
We have to remove headers and install stock manifolds (exhaust and intake) before we can really get to the fun stuff.
And I might have to reroute my auto trans cooling lines, put on a stock oil pan (vs. the Moroso oil pan I have), and little things like that, which in a less-modified car, the installs would go quicker. There's a lot of ancillary work items both of us will need to do that are due to our current setups and are not a reflection of kit fitment and function.

Doesn't matter how long things take, we're going to take the time to do everything right. I suspect that the install of the kit will be the easy part of these projects! :stooges:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will say this. It was more work taking all my old stuff off then putting the twin kit on! We reccommend two sets of hands for the install for sure. Dont forget to reference the install thread in our section.

Oh and somebody's turbos are being built at Comp now! :)

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I will say this. It was more work taking all my old stuff off then putting the twin kit on! We reccommend two sets of hands for the install for sure. Dont forget to reference the install thread in our section.

Oh and somebody's turbos are being built at Comp now! :)

What, not both of us? :roflmao:

Yeah I've looked through that thread a couple of times, will go through it a few more.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
Sub. Curious to see the power yiu guys make. Who is tuning your cars

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Lito is tuning our cars.

You have the same kit, right? What power are you making?

Mike is running the 62s, Im running the 67s

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
True street it tuning my car. I'm still waiting on LME out of Houston to finish the short block. I'm running a high compression E85 Boss block with a turbo 400. I plan on maxing out the 6265s I want to make over 1k wheel hp

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
damn i should jump on this train too... anyone wanna buy my DOB setup with a 8 rib conversion too? less than 1k miles

subscribed

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back