Twin Twins

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
"De-modding" a car is a lot of work! Just doesn't seem right, to remove extras, like headers, and an aftermarket oil pan, and all kinds of stuff. But, lot's of progress was made this weekend in getting the car nearly ready for the twins. The engine is nearly back to stock-ish external bolt-on components.

After putting the stock oil pan on and noticing the ample room and spacing around the back of the engine and between the oil pan and transmission pan, I'm looking forward in seeing how everything fits. There's a lot of room there! Should be a very nice setup once installed.

De-modding as part of the preparation is going to be the hard part of these install projects.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the starter needs to be removed to install the stock exhaust manifolds? I tool mine off when removing the long-tubes, and will be getting stock coated manifolds from s&h, but in the meantime, if the starter won't be in the way, I'd like to put it back on.

(And FedEx drove up today; I was "hopeful", but it was just a small box for something else unrelated to this project.) C'mon, Leo, YOU'VE got a LOT to do!

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Many thanks to Mike for helping me when I was at work on Saturday!! My headers were free floating in their spots when my buyer was picking them up in the morning. Mike took my steering shaft out, pulled the starter off to help make an easy process Sunday morning. Great success too!! Only had to take the passenger motor mount out and headers came out.
Another thanks for helping me get the 12rib crank pulley off.

Next step: valve covers, and remove cams. Get ready for turbo grinds. Other than that..car is ready for kit to arrive and install.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
Sounds good would yall like me to go ahead and send the exhaust manifolds so yall can put them on. If so just pay the extra shipping and i will have them out to yall by the end if the week.

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
How far out are we on the rest of the kit? I don't think it's necessary to get the manifolds early. I'm ok with shipping it all together still. It shouldn't take too long to install those.
Still no idea on the eta of your Sheet Metal Intake project? I'm trying to hold out for that if it's going to be before the year is up.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I'm also ok in waiting to ship the exhaust manifolds with everything else. They won't take long to put in once we get them.

And as far as intake manifolds, we have ones we can use, at least for now, until a better one is available; so that won't hold us up.

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I wonder what heat range plug Lito is going to ask us to use. Was just thinking about it. Mike, which heads do you have? Do you have my thread pattern, or the late model S197 pattern?

Also..been thinking about this from the beginning, and maybe Bobby or Jeremy can chime in. I wonder how difficult it would be to modify the cutouts to be electric. Have ya'll thought about this on your cars? I want to try and make that happen on my car.

Last edited:

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
I have electric cut out for mine but be warned they go bad I've went through 2 sets when I was supercharged the motors in then have a hard time standing up against a boosted car

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back