Upgrade supercharger or go turbo

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Eaton makes the good blowers, everyone knows that, and the correct setups are from Roush/FRPP/VMP.

what are you talking about? You are making no sense at all. The correct setup is a personal choice, and a good tune, that is it.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm saying eaton is far and away the best choice for 99% of users who want a reliable street car with good power everywhere. Doesn't that make sense?

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ive had my Vortech on the car for 5 years now makes good power (720) and has been totally reliable ..Like he said its a choice with a good tune Eaton for you works ...others have had just as luck with other brands

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
Right on! Congrats!

They have to Dyno tune and data log to make sure my fuel system is still good after sitting for so long. The fuel they drained out had started to thicken. They had to replace my battery as it died and would no longer take a charge. Also charged me a $500 hazmat/miscellaneous charge.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
They have to Dyno tune and data log to make sure my fuel system is still good after sitting for so long. The fuel they drained out had started to thicken. They had to replace my battery as it died and would no longer take a charge. Also charged me a $500 hazmat/miscellaneous charge.

$500.00 for hazmat/miscellaneous? I hope that included the new battery, fuel, motor oil, transmission fluid and disposal of every thing. That is ridiculous IMO, sounds to me like the shop is not happy about not getting to go through the motor again.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
$500.00 for hazmat/miscellaneous? I hope that included the new battery, fuel, motor oil, transmission fluid and disposal of every thing. That is ridiculous IMO, sounds to me like the shop is not happy about not getting to go through the motor again.
Well I blacked out all the identifying information for the time being but here is a copy of the invoice emailed to me.20181022_111704.jpg 20181022_111905.jpg 20181022_112307.jpg

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
based on the invoice the $500 looks legit, but that is still one hell of a huge bill.
Yeah every time I get a new invoice I want to throw up a little lol. I am hoping the fuel system checks out ok at least until I can get the car home.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Yeah every time I get a new invoice I want to throw up a little lol. I am hoping the fuel system checks out ok at least until I can get the car home.

Rebuilding my motor with upgraded rods and pistons, included removing, shipping, rebuilding, shipping back and installation of the motor was significantly less than what you are being charged. Granted I don't know your the details, but damn.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
Rebuilding my motor with upgraded rods and pistons, included removing, shipping, rebuilding, shipping back and installation of the motor was significantly less than what you are being charged. Granted I don't know your the details, but damn.
Basic breakdown.

I dropped the car off at his shop with a blown motor. He did an initial diagnosis and then disassembled the motor for a full diagnosis. He then sent out the motor to a machine shop to be machined and reassembled. My new motor sat at his shop with my car for 28 months during the court process of suing the inspection shop that blew my motor on me. For 3 months my car sat indoors and he was charging me per day to keep my car in doors. He said if I didn't want to get hit with the fees he would store it outside his shop but he would not be lisble. 25 months later the engine is reassembled and installed in the car waiting for tuning and data logging. And somehow this all cost 23k??? It was cheaper to purchase both the motor and transmission the first time and installednit myself.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so here we are. My car is all set . The fuel system was still working perfectly. I do need to upgrade my brakes which means it is time to sell my current rims and tires and swap over to some lighter weight wheels and some brembos.
Very pleased with the Dyno results. Going to pick it up next week and will let you guys know how everything goes

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting it going. Mine still sits in my garage with the motor ready to be put in.

The labor charge from the shop is just insane. Even half that was too much. I had the same thing done, plus the heads had to be completely redone, added an entire fuel system and the cost included the removal of a turbo system and it was less than 10k. Tuning was also included in the cost.

I hope it tunes perfectly and runs great. You'll be very happy.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back