Upgrade supercharger or go turbo

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by hockeygod, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

I don't have a BAP on my 2010 auto. (Only mod is fuse + 10 gauge wire ........ from battery post to trunk, which reduced my FPDC by at least 10%...now down to 80% @ 6 krpm..with blower on and 6 psi....+ 94 octane used...and 39 lb Roush supplied injectors)

However, Fuel RAIL pressure, with key ON, eng OFF is 50 psi. With eng ON, whether idle or right up to 6250 rpm ( rev limit)... it's a solid 40 psi.

Assuming BOTH your pumps are ok, the only thing left is the FPDM..and / or associated FPDM wiring.

The story I got a few years ago was dual GT-500 pumpS + dual BAP, sucked 40A off the battery at redline. Dunno if that was when E85 was used or not. If that is the case, 40A is a bunch. 8 gauge wire is only rated for 40A, you would still get a V drop on the length of 8 gauge wire, no big deal since the BAP would still output 17 vdc. 10 gauge is only rated at 30A..and would cook with 40A flowing through it.

2. Marble

Marble forum member

Wherever I have something going on with my car I always think about the very last thing I did on the car. Its usually something very simple. Its just very odd for the to be something wrong with your fuel system when supposedly it was just messed with. Maybe I missed something somewhere...

3. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member

It stopped starting immedietly after they reset the tire pressure monitors through the obd port. I went out to the car as they were trying to start it and the interior lights were flashing indicating that the tpms was not reset properly( because your not supposed to use the obd your supposed to follow the Ford instructions.) So now after having reflashed my tune to make sure nothing is wrong their I am still trying to troubleshoot. It has been pouring out all day here so I will have to go at it again tomorrow.

4. Marble

Marble forum member

Hmmm... just strange. It makes me think something didn't load right or the battery was slightly low or something. Its just super weird they messed with the computer and then shit went sideways.

5. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member

Ok update! We have success. I probed every wire you guys recommended and narrowed it down to the final connection from the harness the plugs into the fpdm's. I unplugged the connection and probed each pin and got no readings on any of them. I then replugged it back in and heard the relays clicking like crazy. Went to the ignition and turned it key off then back on and heard the pumps prime. Started it up and eureka it runs! Not sure what would have caused this as the harness wasn't loose at all but unplugging and plugging it back in did the trick.

6. Marble

Marble forum member

Don't you love it when it's something just plainly simple...I cannot tell you how many times I have obsessed over something wrong with my car and it's something just so so so simple.

I pulled the blower off my car one time and after reinstalling it wouldn't start. Couldn't figure it out for a day or so. Ended up being my TPS sensor wasn't plugged in.

So glad you got it figured out.

Now...are you done screwing around with your car? Drive it like you stole it!!

7. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member

Almost I am waiting for the banjo bolts for the brake to show up so I can finish the brake system. I have to contact vortech today as I realized my belt is rubbing because the shop never put my thermostat housimg spacer back on. Then need an inspection sticker and should be all set.

8. Marble

Marble forum member

Sweet! I'll start putting my motor back in one of these days....

9. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member

Vortech needs a 26 day lead time and wants $75 for the spacer. Looks like I am going to have to Fab a new thermostat housing myself. Finished the brembos tonight. I may hold off until spring to install the epas as I really just want to drive me car again.

10. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member

Took the car for a ride today and damn it pulls super hard! It put the oh sh*t expression on my face. Need to get the driveability worked on in the tune though as it wants to stall almost every time I come to a stop light. Also damn the tial q bov venting to atmosphere is loud. Going to convert it to a qr soon. Building a wiring harness for the epas setup at the moment as well. I have so much stuff I still have to get done.
    20181111_161843.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    bujeezus likes this.
  11. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member

I built most of my epas harness tonight. Where did you tap into a switched power source? Was there one in the pcm harness or did you do it from the fuse box. Also if you could refresh memory I believe you have to jack up the motor in order to access the bolts to swap the steering rack am I correct?

12. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

Man, that looks NICE! What front splitter are you runnin?

13. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member

I converted to the boss front and with lower splitter.

14. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

Great news! Car looks great, and sounds like everything is working out!

15. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member

The weather is supposed to suck for the rest of the week but I still have to install my cat pipes.

Check out these emblems to replace my fender GT logo and the stainless works radiator cover. Also does anyone have a good method for removing tape residue from my carbon fiber hood. The shop that had my car taped my hood vents shut and the residue is still there.

20181112_213219.jpg 2010-2012-mustang-v6-gt-show-panel-w-hood-prop-rod.jpg

16. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

Why did they tape your hood vents shut?

I thought they stored it inside?

17. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member

Nope they charged me to leave it out for all the weather.

18. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

Did not jack up the engine. It's tight but I did it with a box end.

My switched power source came out of an ECM plug. If you look up the Roush m90 install instruction pdf it's where they get power to drive the relay for the intercooler pump. I split this 12v+KO to go to the rack and the pump relay.

19. 05stroker

05stroker Never enough power guy!

Where did you get those? I'm hunting a 323.

20. hockeygod

hockeygod forum member