v6 remap didnt work

elevensies

Reaction score
Hi all, new here, and from the UK.

Had my 2012 few months now, started a fre alterations and mods, and yesterday went to a reputable re map company and rolling road tune.

Had it all day and after a conversation about bad fuel, he couldnt make any difference, even after a full day on a rolling road.

The guy said, there may be carbon build up on the injectors, as when asked for more fuel, the ecu thinks its giving right amount, but the RR is suggesting otherwise.

The car made 247hp, and that was calculated at the crank, so only 200hp at the wheels, which to be honest is very poor

anyone else had this?? or heard of that injector issue? apparently its a common issue on the audi v8 motors

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
In all my years of working on cars, 15 of it professionally, I have seen only a handful of injector issues (clogged or something else) And this also goes for "getting bad fuel". I can recall ONE time we all got gas on a group ride, and we all felt a slight hesitation off idle.
Without more info, thats all I have.
What mods? What was injector duty cycle? Fuel pressure? MAF reading? Timing advance? etc.

elevensies

Reaction score
I have no idea on any of that. I didn't do the work it was done at a re mapping company.
All I know is nothing they had it a full day, ran it multiple times on RR and tried to get results... Which they didn't

MrBhp

Reaction score
I would be leaning more to a plugged fuel filter. But that should have been obvious to the shop performing the work.

elevensies

Reaction score
I would be leaning more to a plugged fuel filter. But that should have been obvious to the shop performing the work.
Plugged fuel filter? As in blocked filter.. Makes sense.
Well spoke yesterday with the shop and he said I should get my intake, she'll blasted clean, as that could also be an issue..

Honestly iv never had a car that was re mapped this is first, iv ran classics prior to this where fuel air and timing was easy, so for someone to tell me.. They couldn't make any difference is confusing

Any help or similar ocvoyracnces would be appreciated please

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, let me add something. In 2012, Ford was using full time closed loop fueling. In other words, there is no real 'need' to remap fueling. You program the air fuel ratio you want, (and stock setting is very good) and the computer will deliver that ratio based on the wideband O2 sensors. There is no more need for Full throttle fueling adjustment. It's set it and forget it.
Timing is dynamic, computer adds and subtracts timing based on the knock sensors to always maximize timing.
The areas of the tune that do need adjustment are for mods you have added, like an aftermarket throttle body, larger injectors, cold air intake. Items that require calibration changes. Putting a different set of gears in needs more than just changing the gear ratio. (I am assuming here they are not disabling stuff in the tune, like the dynamic timing and closed loop fueling and trying to force values they want)

So there are two reasons I can see possibly why they could not get any decent results. A clogged fuel filter like it has been suggested, or the shop was not familiar with how to adjust this new gen, full time closed loop system.

What I am sure of is, if you actually have some sort of an issue, it should turn on the Check Engine light eventually. Than you can troubleshoot those codes. IF you are not getting any codes, than maybe the dyno (RR) was not calibrated.
For that 300 hp v6, the HP you listed would be in the ballpark at the wheels.

elevensies

Reaction score
Thanks for that.... I'm gona try another tuner who has tuned a friend's gt...

All makes sense.. Thank you i will first look at the fuel filter and go from there and I will keep this updated as I progress

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back