What have you done to your mustang today?

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Anti - is that brake set just for Fronts?
I've been looking into getting the big brake kit from Brembo but i can't seem to find the complete kit, front and rear.

For brembos that fit front and back, no, but the 2013 and 2014 gt500 used those brembos up front and an adapter that allowed the s197 calipers to work with 14" rotors for the rears, which I hope to get next with rotors. Fund are held up atm. Lol

TL;DR
6 piston Brembo calipers up front, yes. Brembos for rears, no.

One company was working to see if they could get gt350 fronts and rears to mate up with some cnc milling, but no dice currently.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Continuing with the T56 Mag XL tare down. Pressed the gears off the main shaft. 5th drive gear is one tight son of a gun. The rest came off without much drama. Damage found! The second gear synchro cone is shinny polished steel looking. The blocker ring looks good and the outside cone fingers are beat up a bit. The friction material looks very warn compared to the other synchro sets. The leading edges of second gear that engage with the synchro hub are rounded off. You have to look very close at these sharply pointed teeth to see the damage but when compared to the other gears it is obvious. So, I get to replace second gear, synchros, a few bearings and C-clips.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ordered a vacuum bleeder today. Apparently my local autozone and advance don't have one on the loan-a-tool even though advance's website shows that they do. Whatever. Got a stopper plug for the master cylinder too.

Laga

Reaction score
New outer tie rods. One had a ruptured grease boot so I replaced both.
Installed Ford performance lower control arms. These replacements and and a wheel alignment made a big improvement in steering response.
Also replaced leaky diff cover with Ford performance aluminum diff cover with girdle brace. 0707D1C7-633F-48D9-AF1D-58F41D919F11.jpeg

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Replaced my EVAP system today (canister, shield, CVS & all lines out of canister....smoke tested prior, all failed smoke test even though PCM had passed it for OBDII IM Readiness but Mode 6 EVAP test result data showed a positive number just inside the max threshold instead of a negative number indicating a faulty system that was about to fail the .040" EVAP leak check test....had already replaced leaking EVAP CPV found thru scan tool live data, gas cap due to age & replaced bad aftermarket TB & brake booster check valve that failed induction smoke test prior), last of the vacuum leaks found from smoke testing induction system & EVAP system. In the process of replacing bad EVAP system found that the existing system was NOT the original EVAP system for my car (PO had installed a junkyard Ford EVAP system from a different Ford vehicle class due to damaging the original unit...bolt pattern was different so sheet metal screws were used to mount it instead of the OEM studs\11mm flange nuts)....all back to proper OEM EVAP unit now & mounted correctly using all proper OEM mounting hardware. Both the EVAP CPV & CVS tested working but would not seal off anymore along w\ a failed flex line off EVAP canister that attached to the CPV line thus causing unmetered air to enter induction system so will need to have tune rechecked (mainly the OL fuel mapping which is used for part throttle\WOT operation since this was tuned w\ unknown unmetered air existing in system).

So as of now have all systems on car refreshed & up to snuff so my 11 yr old 153,000+ mi Stang is in as new condition w\ no external vacuum leaks anywhere & all systems fully operational so should be good for a good long while.

WNYGT5-0

Reaction score
Replaced my EVAP system today (canister, shield, CVS & all lines out of canister....smoke tested prior, all failed smoke test even though PCM had passed it for OBDII IM Readiness but Mode 6 EVAP test result data showed a positive number just inside the max threshold instead of a negative number indicating a faulty system that was about to fail the .040" EVAP leak check test....had already replaced leaking EVAP CPV found thru scan tool live data, gas cap due to age & replaced bad aftermarket TB & brake booster check valve that failed induction smoke test prior), last of the vacuum leaks found from smoke testing induction system & EVAP system. In the process of replacing bad EVAP system found that the existing system was NOT the original EVAP system for my car (PO had installed a junkyard Ford EVAP system from a different Ford vehicle class due to damaging the original unit...bolt pattern was different so sheet metal screws were used to mount it instead of the OEM studs\11mm flange nuts)....all back to proper OEM EVAP unit now & mounted correctly using all proper OEM mounting hardware. Both the EVAP CPV & CVS tested working but would not seal off anymore along w\ a failed flex line off EVAP canister that attached to the CPV line thus causing unmetered air to enter induction system so will need to have tune rechecked (mainly the OL fuel mapping which is used for part throttle\WOT operation since this was tuned w\ unknown unmetered air existing in system).

So as of now have all systems on car refreshed & up to snuff so my 11 yr old 153,000+ mi Stang is in as new condition w\ no external vacuum leaks anywhere & all systems fully operational so should be good for a good long while.

I’m pulling my evap now. 2/4 bolts snapped. I’m guessing that’s why sheet metal screws were used to put yours back together. A little cut off wheel work and my car will be completely stripped if all it’s running gear.

Jgt58

Reaction score
Getting ready for a brake and badge swap
6684cb6498a3a7a3794f51dc9a633f46.jpg
b7919e01b497e83e75da3ec528ef66b9.jpg
683a19f5466ecc9b436495680ee3f4c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I’m pulling my evap now. 2/4 bolts snapped. I’m guessing that’s why sheet metal screws were used to put yours back together. A little cut off wheel work and my car will be completely stripped if all it’s running gear.
No the 2 front mounting holes of the existing bad unit (the shield) didn't align w\ the unibody mounting bosses (different part SKU) so the PO of my car used sheet metal screws to mount to the existing bosses as the 2 front snap in OEM 11mm studs wouldn't work.
Ford provides 2 new 11mm bolts to use to mount the EVAP shield to the rear unibody mounts (these 2 bolts are the ones closest to the rear bumper & that have the fortune of breaking off when trying to remove these so Ford provides new bolts for the rear shield mounts w\ the kit but do not provide the 2 front 11mm snap in studs w\ nuts....why I have no idea but fortunately for me the PO left the 2 studs w\ nuts in the front shield mounting holes of the bad EVAP so I was able to reuse these after I repaired 1 of the front unibody mounting bosses to reaccept the snap in stud that had been damaged from hitting something (assuming this was collateral damage from damaging the original EVAP shield\canister thus assuming the OP got 1 from the junkyard to replace it thus why it was a different SKU....didn't match up to the OEM EVAP replacement I bought for my car).

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the clutch bled today. Man that vacuum bleeder is awesome. I drilled out the stopper plug and put a brass nipple in it and it fit nice and snug into the MC cap opening. Put 20" of vaccum on it and pumped the clutch pedal a few times and it's good.

Also though I haven't sat in the car yet the pickup feels better than it was before. Doesn't start engaging more than halfway through the pedal travel, I'd say it's closer to the middle now.

Also changed the oil and have a new battery waiting on it. Still need to rotate the tires which I hate doing, maybe I'll do that tomorrow. Close to being ready to drive though!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Drove it to work.
First real drive of 2020.
Temps in the high-60's, just had to do it, even with 5-month-old gas in the tank.

Jgt58

Reaction score
And can I see your guys brakes? They are 15 GT brakes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back