What have you done to your mustang today?

GlassTop09

Reaction score
One step closer. I got my cheese graters in. (I know, I know.) Still excited though.

View attachment 71817

View attachment 71818
OOOOhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! That's purty!
Will be following closely behind you very soon as I went to the taxman yesterday & came out very happy...………………….
Been had the very same brake upgrade kit on my wish list for over 2 years so the time is nigh to purchase!

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
OOOOhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! That's purty!
Will be following closely behind you very soon as I went to the taxman yesterday & came out very happy...………………….
Been had the very same brake upgrade kit on my wish list for over 2 years so the time is nigh to purchase!

Lol, thanks. Just waiting on my motul fluid and pads!

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
My latest treat for Scarlett:

JBA 1.jpg JBA 2.jpg JBA 3.jpg

$180 shipped to my door. :D while the real JBA versions would have cost triple the price. The challenge now is finding the time to install them.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Completed the tare-down of the T56 Magnum and got the main shaft setting on the bench. A little press work and I can get to the synchros.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I am replacing the second gear synchro. Most likely because I has too lazy to set the clutch slave cylinder ( throw out bearing) correctly. I had just 1/2” preload and I ran it through the summer. No problems with anything until second gear started acting up. Had to push the clutch pedal to the floor and slip, carefully into second before I parked it.
Lesson Learned! I will install the new super wazoo carbon synchros in the first 4 gears along with bronze shift fork pads and be good to go. Then I will shim the slave cylinder to between 3/4 and 1” preload. That should raise the clutch operation off the floorboard.
Ps. If I nibbled the teeth on the synchronizer or second gear enough to have rounded the points I will replace them also.

Last edited:

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I am replacing the second gear synchro. Most likely because I has too lazy to set the clutch slave cylinder ( throw out bearing) correctly. I had just 1/2” preload and I ran it through the summer. No problems with anything until second gear started acting up. Had to push the clutch pedal to the floor and slip, carefully into second before I parked it.
Lesson Learned! I will install the new super wazoo carbon synchros in the first 4 gears along with bronze shift fork pads and be good to go. Then I will shim the slave cylinder to between 3/4 and 1” preload. That should raise the clutch operation off the floorboard.
Ps. If I nibbled the teeth on the synchronizer or second gear enough to have rounded the points I will replace them also.
Now this is the kind of info concerning TOB preload that needs to be known IMHO....the min TOB preload to set so a user can then adjust this for preference between the min usable TOB preload & the max TOB preload of 1".
Thanks for posting this!

PS--The clutch manuf's are the ones that should be providing this info w\ their packages AND on their advertised descriptions as they're building this stuff according to the OEM design criteria of this platform so should know where all this would fall if their products are being used, especially in a complete kit package as flywheel, clutch disc & PP w\ an OEM TOB\slave w\ any necessary shimming IMHO.

Last edited:

Guirguis88

Reaction score
what up people, i'm new to this forum. first post so far!
I own an 08' GT with a bunch of upgrades but still NA.
Today i installed a new MAF - by Granatelli Motor Sport.

I actually did it on my 15 min break while at work. got a little Antsy. wanted to install the MAF last night after work but had to install some new Brisk spark plugs and Granatelli Coils.

Guirguis88

Reaction score
Thanks 06 T-RED S/C GT. How long until I'm able to post a question, as I'm sure this thread wouldn't be the best for questions.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Just make certain to read over the forum rules prior to posting a question and also make certain to search the sub-forums by using the search function prior to submitting a new thread which is also highly recommended on this site as well. Once again, welcome to the forums :waytogo:

Jgt58

Reaction score
And heaven forbid you ask a question that has been asked 5 years ago....[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Guirguis88

Reaction score
Lol i've seen some of the threads with people asking questions that were previously asked Jgt58. People need to calm down and be a little more understanding, some of us haven't been on here long enough to understand how to navigate the forums.

Anti - is that brake set just for Fronts?
I've been looking into getting the big brake kit from Brembo but i can't seem to find the complete kit, front and rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
And heaven forbid you ask a question that has been asked 5 years ago....[emoji38]

Well like it or not, those are the rules of this site and have been since the very beginning. Therefore, it is what it is and nothing is going to change that. So either learn to accept it or just move on, as nobody is pointing a gun towards anybody's head forcing them to stay lol.

Lol i've seen some of the threads with people asking questions that were previously asked Jgt58. People need to calm down and be a little more understanding, some of us haven't been on here long enough to understand how to navigate the forums.
As mentioned earlier, the reason behind reading over the forum rules!

Last edited:

Jgt58

Reaction score
Well like it or not, those are the rules of this site and have been since the very beginning. Therefore, it is what it is and nothing is going to change that. So either learn to accept it or just move on, as nobody is pointing a gun towards anybody's head forcing them to stay lol.

As mentioned earlier, the reason behind reading over the forum rules!
Settle down Bevis..... I was just kidding! [emoji23]

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back