What have you done to your mustang today?

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You must have a low jack...my car is only lowered 1.5" and I have to drive the car up on boards to get the jack under any lifting point on the car.

06StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
Removed the cat-delete pipes, re-installed the cats, changed the oil and filter, drained the catch can, gave the Watts Link and rear LCAs some lube squirts (giggidy), uploaded the emissions tune, and found that the oil pressure sensor for the oil pressure gauge is seeping oil. Took it out, removed whatever was left of the Teflon tape that it was originally put together with (about 5 years ago), and put some black RTV on there, then put it back together. The black part of the sensor that the electrical pigtail clips onto is turning inside the sensor - I don't think it's supposed to, so I might need to replace that sensor soon.

Amsoil 5w50 full synthetic and a Ford/Motorcraft FL820S filter:
View attachment 72012

The oil leak as I found it:

View attachment 72015

The AEM sensor with barely any Teflon tape left on it:

View attachment 72016

The AEM sensor with black RTV on the threads, ready to go back in:

View attachment 72017

All back together, for now:

View attachment 72018

I noticed that mine was leaking after only a few hundred miles after install. Black RTV is an adequate substitute for the Teflon tape?

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Drove it to work today while the work truck is in the shop for service. Gonna have to pull my cowl and check all the drains, damn storms have blown all kinds of crap all over the car..

EDIT: Pulled the cowl and the drains, holy crap was there a lot in there.. all clean now and it’s now a regular maintenance item for me!

Last edited:

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welp it's all back together. Rotated the tires and put the exhaust back on. The Moroso DS loop actually ended up clearing everything after all. Gonna have to take it out for a drive sometime this week.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I noticed that mine was leaking after only a few hundred miles after install. Black RTV is an adequate substitute for the Teflon tape?

Yeah. My tech-friend that installed my blower and has his own shop said he typically uses black RTV these days instead of Teflon tape. He's heard from a few people that over time oil can eat through Teflon tape (the petroleum distillates or whatever, automotive oil)

I sent a message to AEM asking if the sensor rotating inside the body was normal, they replied today saying that it's not, so I guess I'm looking for a new sensor. AEM # 30-2131-100, just wish it wasn't $65, holy crap.

This is the RTV I used:

20200314_black_RTV.jpg

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
2" with H&R Super Sports. What size wheels are you running?

What size tires too? I have to pull my front wheels on to a 2x4 to get my jack under the front. Granted, I don't have a low profile jack, which I'm gonna have to get.b

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage on the new clutch today! I swear the pedal feels softer than it did with the original clutch. Otherwise, pretty similar to how it felt before. Took it down to the car wash to wash off a few months worth of garage dust and it started raining right as I was almost done...figures.

Jgt58

Reaction score
Maiden voyage on the new clutch today! I swear the pedal feels softer than it did with the original clutch. Otherwise, pretty similar to how it felt before. Took it down to the car wash to wash off a few months worth of garage dust and it started raining right as I was almost done...figures.
Same here man. My clutch is super soft. But it's getting better by the day.what clutch and flywheel did you go with?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just an OE replacement Luk set, nothing special. I did install a braided clutch line though.

Last edited:

Jgt58

Reaction score
Well something's wrong with my clutch install. Got it towed home tonight

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shit that sucks. I'm always paranoid about driving a vehicle after a major repair like a clutch job but mine seems to be good so far...it's just gonna take a long time to get 500 or so miles on it to break the clutch in.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back