What have you done to your mustang today?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Great day working on the car. After finding the twisted yoke I pulled the rear end to look for damage.It had a loud whine. Yep, pinion bearings were rough. Installed new pinion and carrier bearings and a solid pinion spacer. This morning I got the rear end bolted in, the new seal installed in the transmission and the driveline bolted in like it belonged there. Pinion angle set at 1* down from transmission and retired the 10 year old Steeda sport springs for new Steeda competition springs. Got three of the four corners resprung today so I’ll finish the last one tomorrow and the Stang will be setting on the floor.:driver:

Last edited:

GriffX

Reaction score
Painted the coal vent screen, was faded out very badly. 2 black and 2 clear coats (spray can). The difficult part was to remove the wiper arms. Even with dedicated C-type pullers they came off only with a whack from a hammer. Cleaning was also time consuming.

IMG_20220430_181934.jpg

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Painted the coal vent screen, was faded out very badly. 2 black and 2 clear coats (spray can). The difficult part was to remove the wiper arms. Even with dedicated C-type pullers they came off only with a whack from a hammer. Cleaning was also time consuming.

View attachment 82581

You know, all you have to do is run a heat gun or propane torch over and it’ll look like new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 Boss

Reaction score
You know, all you have to do is run a heat gun or propane torch over and it’ll look like new!

Really? How hot do you have to get it? I have an issue with the way my roof rails look. Will heating them work for those?

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score

Really? How hot do you have to get it? I have an issue with the way my roof rails look. Will heating them work for those?

Curious on this too, never heard that trick before! How long does the ‘repair’ last?

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Curious on this too, never heard that trick before! How long does the ‘repair’ last?

You can try it. I have tried the heat gun, only the propane torch. As soon as the heat passes over the plastic it will change back to like new condition. I was pretty amazed myself. Try it on an old piece of abs first if you’d like. Here’s a YouTube link:

GriffX

Reaction score
That torch hack seems to be great! Any idea what to do with the raspy plastic strip at the door window?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I had to point by a Tesla on track. Yes folks, ppl are tracking their EVs. There were 4 of them at the track today. Full wet day. Lots of sliding, errrr honing my skills of car control. lol

Reaction score

View attachment 82581
I used some "wipe new" on mine years ago and it is still nice.

rust-oleum-wipe-new-trim-restorer-462x679.jpg

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Went for a short test drive this afternoon. Got caught in a hail storm two miles from home. NT05 315s on the back really suck on slush. Made it home at about 35 mph. So happy traffic was light.

Stranger

Reaction score
This product is similar to a stain. You brush it on and wipe it off. Be careful what you get it on. You can’t be sloppy with it. Works great and lasts 2 years.

View attachment 82600
Yeah... this stuff!

I tried the heat method... wasn't happy with the results. It works but the best finish achieved was splotchy at best.

Solution finish works and works well. Pro detailer's use the stuff.

There's one concern that you should be aware of. If this product is mixed with other chemicals, it can cause spontaneous combustion so make sure to use clean and dedicated towels.

crjackson

Reaction score
That Solution Finish product appears to be amazing. I had a really faded hood-insert / Heat-Extractor on my GT500 hood. I ended up buying a new insert and painting it to match the car. I’ll bet this stuff would have worked well enough to satisfy me.

I’ll probably get some of this for my wiper-tray insert.

Last edited:

AHaze

Reaction score
Finally weighed it.
View media item 8698It's a roadside scale so probably not dead-on accurate but the number is about what I expected.
For those that don't want to do the math, it works out to 3806 lbs with 3/4 tank of gas and me (225 lb.) in the car. The blower, brakes and wheels/tires added a bunch of weight and parts that are lighter than OE or have been removed might add up to 20 lbs. at best

OvalSports

Reaction score
Installed 2015 front calipers & 14”rotors and rear 14” rotors with caliper extension brackets yesterday.
The rear calipers were a bit locked up, so we may do a rebuild or replacement if they do not actuate smoothly during bleeding today.

rear
E0F05424-A4C4-483E-B5C1-93CD191C5DD7.jpeg

74C22812-05AE-4D7C-95C0-139E818F4BC4.jpeg

front
C1DA57AF-439D-418D-84FE-9433A0714C57.jpeg

955737D7-2210-4047-9DCE-AD760CADD2A5.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back