What have you done to your mustang today?

Jordan

Reaction score
Bought some used BBK LTH and BBK offload x pipe. Got a killer deal for them, the guy bought them and installed them new from American Muscle in April. But decided to go with a turbo set up and needed them gone. Saw a lot of pictures and even videos of the process of them being taken off and boxed up. Shipped today, so should be getting them by the end of the week! Hoping to have installed this time next week.
This is a little later but I got the headers installed and they're amazing. Just bought the Paxton Novi 1200 and about to install it.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Finally got my car to stop squealing like a pig every time I drove her. It has been an extremely frustrating and embarrassing few weeks but I got her purring again. Now I just gotta find the right pulley.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got my car to stop squealing like a pig every time I drove her. It has been an extremely frustrating and embarrassing few weeks but I got her purring again. Now I just gotta find the right pulley.
What pulley are you talking about? I have a Roush 76 MM Idler Pulley that is smooth if you need.

07 Boss

Reaction score
What pulley are you talking about? I have a Roush 76 MM Idler Pulley that is smooth if you need.

I have a few of the 76mm ones. The one I need is Whipple specific. It comes with the SC kit and is the little one below that is used to adjust for different belt lengths. It's only maybe 2" in diameter and a solid billet piece with a double roller bearing.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I have a few of the 76mm ones. The one I need is Whipple specific. It comes with the SC kit and is the little one below that is used to adjust for different belt lengths. It's only maybe 2" in diameter and a solid billet piece with a double roller bearing.

Makes sense

07 Boss

Reaction score
Can you replace the bearing?

Maybe. Not a lot of room to press it out. The opening from which side you have to apply the press has a hole barely larger than the inner race. I think if I tried to press it out it would only be applying pressure to the very inside of the bearing and would probably split it. She is currently my only running car so any downtime at the moment is going to be an issue. I will just call Whipple on Monday. They gotta have them available, you would think.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Maybe. Not a lot of room to press it out. The opening from which side you have to apply the press has a hole barely larger than the inner race. I think if I tried to press it out it would only be applying pressure to the very inside of the bearing and would probably split it. She is currently my only running car so any downtime at the moment is going to be an issue. I will just call Whipple on Monday. They gotta have them available, you would think.

Damage to the bearing while removing it doesn’t matter as long as you don’t damage the pulley. Go to you local bearing shop, such as mMotor Parts and Bearings. Most cities have something similar that can match up the bearing. Maybe even the pulley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I drove it today (been OOT over the last 23 days on "vacation" w\ the family......was fun but was also glad to get back home....) to Ford dealership to pick up backordered part.

Still impressed over just how good this thing is running now.......very snappy & crisp during throttle tip-in & acceleration response w\ a smooth as glass idle. Finally got hold of a bone stock OEM '08 Bullitt tune file off HPTuners repository so I'll be going thru it to see if there is some Ford factory tuning in it (like the OEM Ford tuned Bullitt 85mm CAI MAF airflow mapping for starters) that can be transported into my current tune file to enhance it.

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score

Have you tried cleaning and re-greasing the squealer? Had an idler that was screaming, couldn't get a replacement till the following Tuesday. Pulled the dust shields, cleaned and re-greased. It's been fine for 10k miles +. New pulley is sitting on the shelf.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Damage to the bearing while removing it doesn’t matter as long as you don’t damage the pulley. Go to you local bearing shop, such as mMotor Parts and Bearings. Most cities have something similar that can match up the bearing. Maybe even the pulley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess it doesn't matter taking it out. I will look into it and see if I can get someone local. Or just see if Whipple has one available. They are in the next state over.

Have you tried cleaning and re-greasing the squealer? Had an idler that was screaming, couldn't get a replacement till the following Tuesday. Pulled the dust shields, cleaned and re-greased. It's been fine for 10k miles +. New pulley is sitting on the shelf.

Yeah I pulled the cover and packed it with some axle bearing lube I had sitting around. It stopped the squealing but it will come back.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Yeah I pulled the cover and packed it with some axle bearing lube I had sitting around. It stopped the squealing but it will come back.
That bearing is damaged and will fail. At the most inopportune time. That little idler is spinning 3 times faster than the engine.

JimC

Reaction score
Washed it, clay barred it, then waxed it. I thought I had bunch of chips in the paint but turned out to be track rubber spots.

Then I put some Rim Blades on it. While I like black wheels, the all black has never appealed to me. The Rim Blades give just a little lip to separate the wheel and tire.20220501_124259_resized.jpg

20220501_124432_resized.jpg

20220501_135552_resized.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back