What have you done to your mustang today?

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I did the calibration procedure, but a no time was I able to get the CEL to flash. Maybe the tune is interfering, will try again tomorrow.
As long as you performed the initial KOEO APP calibration procedure, you should be good to go (there's no section in any of these '05-'10 SO PCM tune files to calibrate an APP........the PCM automatically does this on every KOEO). As for the MIL light thing, this may just be a feature that your '05 GT SO PCM's calibration may not have (appears starting in the '08 MY thru '10 MY, Ford made some changes\enhancements in these GT SO PCM's base calibrations that do not exist in the earlier '05-'07 GT SO PCM calibrations......the KOEO self-check MIL light signaling may be 1 of them.......I had to stop using all OEM '05-'07 SO PCM tune files as references after finding this out & only use '08-'10 SO PCM tune files for referencing w\ my '09 SO PCM as some of the setup\settings are different) & my '09 SO PCM's calibration has (this occurred after my KS harness\CMCV actuator\position sensor reinstall.......when I replaced my APP--did this prior KS replace\CMCV actuator\position sensor reinstall job--& ran the KOEO APP calibration my MIL light did not flash either).

Interesting that your new APP also demonstrates to have no dead spot(s) in any off-rest movements of APP pedal arm..........kinda starts to point to verification that Ford corrected this anomaly in all FoMoCo replacement APP's..............

07 Boss

Reaction score
Something I did when I first got my car was to get rid of the dead spot on initial press of the pedal. I shimmed the pedal arm against the housing with some foam tape which I later replaced with lead tape. Anyways the pedal assembly is just a typical potentiometer and there may be a physical dead spot before the unit senses the pedal moving because the little brushes are not properly contacting the metal strips. I have heard of some people bending the brushes s bit but this seemed like an easier way to fix the pedal lag. You don't have to worry about shimming it too far because the throttle will calibrate itself to read the new pedal position as idle.

I just but a brick on the pedal and shimmed it until I thought it was good. Ended up adding a second piece of tape and then eventually replacing it with lead tape to make it a little more solid. Also be careful you don't dislodge the brick holding the pedal as it can smack you pretty hard in the face while your down there. Don't ask me how I know this.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Ordered a set of 20 over Wiseco pistons for the winter overhaul. Can you believe they were in stock. The plan is to do bearings, a fresh oil pump, return to the 127350 blower cams and freshen up the heads. Maybe even have my heads ported while their apart.

GriffX

Reaction score
Greased and cleaned the accelerator paddle. The paddle did not operate in a smooth way. I opened the housing and cleaned/greased the plastic "bearing". Used silicon grease for PU bushings. Unfortunately I don't know how to remove the spring to grease the other side, now it is much more smooth than before :)

pedal1.png

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Greased and cleaned the accelerator paddle. The paddle did not operate in a smooth way. I opened the housing and cleaned/greased the plastic "bearing". Used silicon grease for PU bushings. Unfortunately I don't know how to remove the spring to grease the other side, now it is much more smooth than before :)

View attachment 85701
Hey GriffX,

Is the white looking piece on the end of the APP arm a shim adjustment that positions this arm at full pedal travel rest?

It sure looks like it to me...........
Just curious from seeing this unit opened up here...............

SOzzy

Reaction score
Yesterday I did an oil change and replaced the rear sway bar bushings... All of them. Actually broke my bench vise installing the upper bushings.
Last week I got some 15 Ecoboost rims and new tires installed. Looks like a totally different car...

IMG_20230209_180743999.jpg

IMG_20230209_180734581.jpg

GriffX

Reaction score
Hey GriffX,

Is the white looking piece on the end of the APP arm a shim adjustment that positions this arm at full pedal travel rest?

It sure looks like it to me...........
Just curious from seeing this unit opened up here...............

I have not dissembled the white arm, just cleaned the plate with alcohol. The zero position of the metal brushes is on the contact area.

sensorplate.jpg sensor.jpgsensor2.jpg

Last edited:

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Recently my job moved me to a new office that is a 20 mile all highway commute, and at the end of last year I was running MBRP Pro's on my car which were honestly terrible on the highway.

So over the weekend I reinstalled my stock mufflers, which have been collecting cobwebs in the corner of the garage for almost 10 years, just to see how they were. On first start up for a second I thought my car wasn't running right because they were so much quieter :gr_grin: They sound good though! Gonna try to run these a bit and see how they are on the highway. Not driving the car yet but it looks like this winter may be a short one so hopefully I can get it out soon.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Recently my job moved me to a new office that is a 20 mile all highway commute, and at the end of last year I was running MBRP Pro's on my car which were honestly terrible on the highway.

So over the weekend I reinstalled my stock mufflers, which have been collecting cobwebs in the corner of the garage for almost 10 years, just to see how they were. On first start up for a second I thought my car wasn't running right because they were so much quieter :gr_grin: They sound good though! Gonna try to run these a bit and see how they are on the highway. Not driving the car yet but it looks like this winter may be a short one so hopefully I can get it out soon.

You're gonna like 'em. Quiet, can listen to stereo and no drone.

AHaze

Reaction score

I love my LTH, stock muffler combo. Still barks when I get on it but I don't lose my mind after a 30 minute freeway run.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was surprised how good it still sounds at idle with the cams and stock mufflers, almost like an old muscle car, I was impressed.

Based on how it sounds just revving it I think I will be happy with it. Highway travel was tough with all the aftermarket mufflers I tried after doing the longtubes, even with high flow cats.

SOzzy

Reaction score
Had my wife take the stang to work today. She got one of her body techs to adjust the passenger side door as it was a little off since I bought it. I'd tried to adjust it some but couldn't get it right. He took care of it so I brought some breakfast burritos as a thanks...

crjackson

Reaction score
Installed a new cooling-fan resistor module / fan pigtail.
Changed Oil / filter
Serviced Oil Catch-Can (dumped about 1.5 oz)

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yesterday - tried to move it out of the garage so I could work on the mower, dead battery. It's been sitting hooked up to a battery tender for about 3-4 months, green light on the thing, still got nothing but clicks. Battery is about 7 years old, guess it's time for a new one

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Yesterday - tried to move it out of the garage so I could work on the mower, dead battery. It's been sitting hooked up to a battery tender for about 3-4 months, green light on the thing, still got nothing but clicks. Battery is about 7 years old, guess it's time for a new one

Bad starter? Have the local autoparts shop test the battery.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back