What have you ordered from American Muscle or LMR lately???

Jgt58

Reaction score
Ever since AM was bought out it seems like their customer service dropped. I don't shop with them anymore. I get some stuff through LMR and the rest through Amazon.
Who bought them out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Ever since AM was bought out it seems like their customer service dropped. I don't shop with them anymore. I get some stuff through LMR and the rest through Amazon.
Hhhmmmm…….
Didn't know that AM had been bought out. That could explain a lot right there.
I now usually decide on what part(s) I want\looking for then shop thru all the major retailers to see who has it in stock for the best price then that's who I buy it from.
I have used LMR for some purchases recently within the last 3-4 months (Swarr bar, FoMoCo oil filler neck, Ram TOB shim....only retailer I found that had these parts in stock) & I do like their service & shipping (close enough to NM to get most items delivered within 3 days) so they've moved up on my ranking list of retailers as well as Amazon.

Sometimes I'll pay a little more if I can get the part faster at the cheaper shipping rates.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Who bought them out

I honestly don't remember, but it happened a couple years ago. The representatives stopped posting on websites, return policies changed, and overall people seemed to suddenly have issues with trying to get help with parts. I think the more knowledgeable crew left or or got let go. It kind of happened over night.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I know Bama was bought out but I didn’t know American Muscle got bought out. That would explain why their service sucks and why they offer tunes from another company too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jgt58

Reaction score
I know Bama was bought out but I didn’t know American Muscle got bought out. That would explain why their service sucks and why they offer tunes from another company too.

Bama tunes just overall suck. I know first-hand how they made my cobra run like crap.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Bama tunes just overall suck. I know first-hand how they made my cobra run like crap.

I think I’m the only person that had a somewhat decent tune with them other than a little bucking just after starting. I wouldn’t go with them again though lol.

On a side note, I’m looking to eventually get my 17 gt tuned and I saw that multiple places offer free tunes for life now.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I honestly don't remember, but it happened a couple years ago. The representatives stopped posting on websites, return policies changed, and overall people seemed to suddenly have issues with trying to get help with parts. I think the more knowledgeable crew left or or got let go. It kind of happened over night.

Have Stephanie and Justin left too?

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I installed my cams, the Bama tune I got ran OK...but it wouldn't idle worth a crap. Lito fixed that with his first baseline tune he sent me, I don't know why Bama couldn't do that. They wanted datalogs to even start fixing it.

Jgt58

Reaction score
When I installed my cams, the Bama tune I got ran OK...but it wouldn't idle worth a crap. Lito fixed that with his first baseline tune he sent me, I don't know why Bama couldn't do that. They wanted datalogs to even start fixing it.
Link to said tuner as my cobra still isn't running right

Snakethat

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered brembos from LMR as they had the best price. I had to upgrade my wheels and tires. I did that through AM. It was a disaster. The package came mounted and balanced. First problem was that the rims had gouges in them. I assume from shipping. The boxes they came in were destroyed and not big enough. I had to send those back and by that I mean I had physically take all four back to UPS. AM had to receive the wheels and tires before sending replacements. Once I got the replacements 3 of the 4 made it to the house. The 4th wheel never made it and was "apparently" lost during shipment. So I was fed up and sent back for a refund. Which AM did. I ended up going through LMR for that as well. They should up nicely packaged and zero imperfections. Keep in mind this was two years ago. I figured id chime in to tell my story about AM. My car is pretty much done with what i want to do. IF there is something I won't order from AM ever again even if its cheaper.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
When you think about it - why not buy from Beefcake instead? Isn't beefcake just a guy in his parent's garage furiously filling orders to get stuff from his suppliers out to customers?

I feel better about supporting more "grassroots" small shops than a big machine like AM. Just like I'm trying more and more to find _good_old used stuff, buy less things, and invest in quality products.

Transmission parts are a great example for some reason. I know feel like I know Bob Hanlon personally. I think it was a dude from pro force that also helped me out so much when I was messing around in my 3650.

I like summit racing - they kill everyone with customer service. They always give me a little bump of cash or something if I tell them something is screwed up that I have to fix (exhaust parts.) I can also collect like 20 different categories of parts and they all ship to me at once and fast.

FINALLY: Justin @ VMP. Guy must kill himself to keep up because I regularly get emails from him. The planet revolves around that guy at VMP and the company delivers. A for instance - Justin had no reason to give me a deal on an inlet tube and some sundry parts for my TVS 1.9 install since I bought the blower secondhand - but he really helped me out.

What I keep coming back to is I value smaller businesses and a personal relationship - even more than the rock bottom lowest cost.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was gonna buy my braided clutch line from Beefcake because they had it cheaper than AM- but then wanted to charge $12 shipping (same with Lethal) which made the total price higher than AM. It shouldn't cost $12 to ship a clutch line that fits in a small padded envelope.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When you think about it - why not buy from Beefcake instead? Isn't beefcake just a guy in his parent's garage furiously filling orders to get stuff from his suppliers out to customers?

Terry Reeves aka BEEFCAKE is hardly a guy who sells parts from his parents basement. SMH. Id order from him over almost everyone else.

utlong31

Reaction score
Beefcake and Lethal are both great. I’ve found out that if you get in touch with them most of the time they will cut you a better deal or help you out with shipping at least. I ordered a set of 15” rear Welds from AM back in the spring and only received 1 then they told me the other was on back order with no release date. When it came time for the fronts both Beefcake and Lethal gave me a good deal.

Stevejr

Reaction score
I bought one of the clutch pedal extensions for my 07 gt. I was so fed up with that hard to shift manual that I was going to put an auto in when I coyote seap this spring. That extension made so much difference. Its just like driving a normal 5speed.
Ive also bought a drive shaft and gear from Lmr and a shifter from AM.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back