What is She Really Worth

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
Time to sell the mustang and I'm really wondering what a fair price is. I'm also trying to decide if I should try and strip it to stock then trade it in. I know many will say this is always the better option, but a quick private sell would be ideal.

If this was your ride, how much would it take to sell it the way it is.

06 GT Premium that I've owned since mile number 1. The car now has approximately 97,805 miles on it. All maintenance has been done by me or at a shop, on time. It has been my daily driver, and baby until about 4 months ago when I bought a new truck. Since then its been sitting in the garage and driven only rarely on weekends. It has what you would expect from a 6 year old vehicle, interior is not perfect, paint in not perfect.

5% Tint
Roush Rear Spoiler
California Dream Hood (you cannot find this hood anywhere anymore)
Foose Ntirous 20 Wheels Freshly Powder Coated Flat Black (Literally picked these back up today) 20x10 rear 20x8.5 front
Nitto invo Tires 295/35/20 on rear
Nitto 555 on front
Eiback Pro Kit
Koni Shocks (Orange, non adjustable)
Custom Flat Black Stirpes (Painted)
Clear Switch Back Turn Signals (These stay white until you turn your blinkers on)
9 Bar Billet Grille (Upper & Lower)
HID 4500k Headlight System
New Pioneer DVD Touchscreen headunit (Ipod, DVD, the whole shebang) - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
C&L Intake (Racer)
Custom Tune (X3 Tuner comes with car and 2 additional tunes)
Custom Exahust
-ARH Long Tube Headers
-ARH O/R X-Pipe
-Custom Mid Mounted Muffler System (M80s)
-Custom Straight Pipes out the back

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
About 5% of your potential buyers will like the wheels and none of that stuff will make any difference in your trade in or resale value. I would pull the mods based on how easily I could revert to stock and how much I could sell the parts for. Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm only seeing a couple items worth the hassle of pulling (assuming you still have the original parts). Keep in mind used parts values will be about half of that you paid but that's still more than getting nothing on a trade in or private sale.

Silverrider

forum member
Reaction score
About 5% of your potential buyers will like the wheels and none of that stuff will make any difference in your trade in or resale value. I would pull the mods based on how easily I could revert to stock and how much I could sell the parts for. Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm only seeing a couple items worth the hassle of pulling (assuming you still have the original parts). Keep in mind used parts values will be about half of that you paid but that's still more than getting nothing on a trade in or private sale.

Yeah the headers would be a decent profit but depends on how custom your exhaust is.. like skwerl said it might not even be worth the hassel, and the cai is a 5 minute switch for an easy 175...you could easily sell the rims and tires for a good amount too. How much of the stock stuff do you have left? I kept most of my stock stuff just in case I decide to do the 5.0 route someday..

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
The only things that'd I be taking off are the headers and mid pipe, cai, wheels and the pioneer unit. I have replacements for everything but the wheels. Which I could pick up some stockers locally. But like y'all said. I'm just not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Any ideas on what I should be looking to get on a local sale ?

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
14k?? Damn I'd sell mine for that much also just the way it sits now if someone offered me that.

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
If he is serious about the 14 take it. The 05 09 market sucks. There are built, blown cars in the classifieds in the low low 20's that aren't selling. Everyone wants a 5.0 or Shelby now.14 is a pretty fair number though.

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinking 14k was pretty solid as well. I've seen some very nice cars in the 20k range, much nicer than mine. If it actually goes through

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Id take the 14k and run for the hills! If not then part it out. Like stated before a dealer is not going to give two shits on whats done to the car.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
14g with your miles and this economy is VERY fair. I agree with everyone else, take it and run!

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
Haha the guy that offered me 14 backed out of course. Hey man these wheels are freshly powder coated and I have an extra rim!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back