Who uses non-ethanol fuel?

N2STC

Reaction score
I'm about to consider starting to use E10 in my '06 GT. At $1.00 more per gallon for pure gasoline, I'm not sure it's worth it. Owners manual says no methanol, but doesn't address ethanol. I'm sure many of you have an opinion on this! Fire away!

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
These cars were made to run on e10. So unless you are tuned for pure gasoline its just fine.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I can get ethanol free gas. The Amish sell it at the tractor store.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
There is no ethanol added to gasoline in Alaska. No gas stations in Alaska sell “e” anything. The highest octane I have seen at a pump is 90. Everybody I know who needs higher octane uses a booster or race fuel.

N2STC

Reaction score
There is no ethanol added to gasoline in Alaska. No gas stations in Alaska sell “e” anything. The highest octane I have seen at a pump is 90. Everybody I know who needs higher octane uses a booster or race fuel.
That's it! i'm moving there.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
While it is snowing right now, we only get about a month of no sun in the Fairbanks area. In the summer there is a month where the sun never sets. Further north those cycles run about 60 days long.

brasil

Reaction score
i use E10 , No issues. no problems at all. Here in Germany we have E 5 or E 10 both with 95 octane. But our Octane is a little lower ( because of the calculation ) so 95 here should be around 93 in the US.
BUT ... the milage will suffer...while using E10. So the "gain " depends on the price per litre /gallon.....

08silvergt

Reaction score
I always use E10. I tried pure gas once and saw no benefit. Not even better fuel economy.

moooosestang

Reaction score
We only have 90oct ethanol free gasoline here in Florida. i need at least 91 so i buy the 93oct which has up to 10% so they say. if i could get 91 ethanol free i would absolutely buy it. I don't drive my car everyday though. I buy the ethanol free for my lawn mowers, generator and i'll run it in my motorcycles to use it up because i store up to 25 gallons of it during hurricane season.

Migi

Reaction score
I use E5 plus, that's octane of 98 I believe, here in the Netherlands and just arcos the border
in Germany.
I don't have a good experience with E10, its sour water. If you don't drive regularly, its can
eat a way your rubber hoses and, my experience is that al lot, I say lot of cars drive poorly on it.

So for me that sour water is not going in there, maybe only in case of a real last option and
then only for what is necessary.
The only downfall, here in the Netherlands you pay round the €2,20 for a liter, a believe in
Germany 1,85 euro

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
2.20 eu =
I use E5 plus, that's octane of 98 I believe, here in the Netherlands and just arcos the border
in Germany.
I don't have a good experience with E10, its sour water. If you don't drive regularly, its can
eat a way your rubber hoses and, my experience is that al lot, I say lot of cars drive poorly on it.

So for me that sour water is not going in there, maybe only in case of a real last option and
then only for what is necessary.
The only downfall, here in the Netherlands you pay round the €2,20 for a liter, a believe in
Germany 1,85 euro

2.20 euro's = $2.40 us dollars. My 2010 GT is a 60 litre tank. 60 x $2.40 = $144.00 US funds to fill the tank.

1 US gallon = 3.7854 litres.
60 litre tank / 3.7854 litres = 15.85 US gallons.
$144.00 US funds / 15.85 US gallons = $9.08 US funds per US gallon.

$9.08 per gallon ! WTF ? How the hell can you folks afford to keep a car on the road ??

On a side note, how much do you pay per KWH for electricity ??

Migi

Reaction score
Yeah tell me about it pff it's insane basically, but you got have hobby right hahah. And
I'm not using it on daily basis, true out the week a I cycle to my work, for
condition and off course because of the ridiculous price's.
Then in my off days I'm enjoying it even more hahah .
Butt basically it's rubbishes, and on top of that we pay every month
taxis to be allowed to come on the open road, an for my GT that's another
€ 90,- per month.

For electricity €0,40 per kWh, but I installed some solar panels on my roof

Butt what are you guys and girls paying per liter for you fuel?

JC SSP

Reaction score
93 octane at $3.99 per gallon in all my vehicles including the lawn mower.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah tell me about it pff it's insane basically, but you got have hobby right hahah. And
I'm not using it on daily basis, true out the week a I cycle to my work, for
condition and off course because of the ridiculous price's.
Then in my off days I'm enjoying it even more hahah .
Butt basically it's rubbishes, and on top of that we pay every month
taxis to be allowed to come on the open road, an for my GT that's another
€ 90,- per month.

For electricity €0,40 per kWh, but I installed some solar panels on my roof

Butt what are you guys and girls paying per liter for you fuel?
$1.79 per litre for 87 octane. $1.96 per litre for 94 octane. The chevron 94 octane does not have any ethanol in it. These are Canadian prices.

.40 euro per kwh is beyond absurd. .40 euro = 59 cents Canadian. (44 cents in US money). I pay 9.5 cents per kwh, cdn funds. You are paying just over SIX times as much for electricity.

Migi

Reaction score
Yeah, I do hate this county hahah, but all my relatives life here, and my girlfriend doesn't want
to leave this stupide horrible country.

The taxes are high here, the weather is shit, so much f@#$king rules here pff

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do hate this county hahah, but all my relatives life here, and my girlfriend doesn't want
to leave this stupide horrible country.

The taxes are high here, the weather is shit, so much f@#$king rules here pff
I visited an engineer buddy, who lived just outside Amsterdam back in 2007. He drove to Amsterdam and visited for an afternoon. Stupid expensive for him to park, just for 2 hrs. He told me the Netherlands has the highest road tax in all of Europe. But the food was good...and the infamous RLD was a riot.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back