Working on eliminating wheel hop..?

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
My 2011 m6 has zero wheel hop on street tires. I haven't been to the track yet with DR's. I think it's wierd how some cars in stock form have the hop and some don't. I wonder what the difference is?? My 2010 hopped bad and UMI LCA's with relo brackets fixed it.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
That was with 4.10's on 26" drag radials (had some laying around). I went down to a 3.73 since then. I felt like I was leaving something on the table with the 4.10's. 2nd gear felt pretty much useless.
I was gonna say dude, my car on the pireli's was like trying to drag race on an icy road.

RDK

forum member
Reaction score
I have some options , from my 08 paxton 2200 setup/ 2011 5.0 with MT 265/40/18

PM me.. if you guys have questions..

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
My 2011 m6 has zero wheel hop on street tires. I haven't been to the track yet with DR's. I think it's wierd how some cars in stock form have the hop and some don't. I wonder what the difference is?? My 2010 hopped bad and UMI LCA's with relo brackets fixed it.

I am glad to hear our brackets and control arms helped to fix your issues.

We have had great results and feedback on our anti-hop kit, it is a simple bolt on that requires no modifications for under $200. I posted a link below for anyone that might want to take a look.

www.umiperformance.com/103560

As for the hop issues, I don't think I have driven a stock car thus far that hasn't had terrible wheel hop issues.

Thanks!
Ryan

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
sounds like you guys need to invest in a good set of tires.... my m6 2011 gt never once got wheel hop.. i made 87 passes at our local dragstrip too. 100% stock suspension.... put the dr's at 14 psi.. got them good and hot and was launching at 5500. not sure how you guys are getting wheel hop...

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
well if it hooks then no it wont hop, but if it starts to spin watch out
not everyone is running drag radals. mine in completly stock form dident wheel hop bad, but when it started to make the power it does now is when it got bad.
now if you spin it real hard it wont hop eather, its just when your trying to go and barly lose traction, if it hops once just back out, becuse all it will do is get worse
mine is still on stock tires, and no plans on adding DRs so fixing the problem insted of bandading it with tires that wear out fast is what im doing

jestang

forum member
Reaction score
I am glad to hear our brackets and control arms helped to fix your issues.

We have had great results and feedback on our anti-hop kit, it is a simple bolt on that requires no modifications for under $200. I posted a link below for anyone that might want to take a look.

www.umiperformance.com/103560

As for the hop issues, I don't think I have driven a stock car thus far that hasn't had terrible wheel hop issues.

Thanks!
Ryan

Got this setup in black for Christmas. Hoping to get them installed this week or the next so I'll let you guys know how my car responds to them. One question, on a stock height car which hole on the relocation brackets should I install the lower control arms to? The upper or lower bolt hole? Thanks.

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
Some of the wheel hop can be from how it was put together. From when they tighten the mount bolts for the control arms. Done with the car in the air no load or with weight of the car on the suspension. If done in the air no load puts a bind on the bushings

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
BBR Billet LCA's + BMR LCA Relocation Brackets + Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm = No More Wheel Hop

It's been proven on numerous S197 chassis cars.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Ugh. Mine has BAD wheelhop. I have to back completely out of the throttle in 2nd gear at the track to kill the wheelhop. So everyone is liking the UMI kit? I'm loving the price.

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
My auto doesn't.

Seems like most complaints are from stick cars.

+1, zero hop from my 2011 auto with stock tires or drag radials.

My old 2010 GT500 hopped like a bitch, if you got the tires spinning in 2nd you would swear the whole back end of the car was going to break off.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back