Working on eliminating wheel hop..?

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
WTF?! LOL My 2010 GT500 was bad with wheel hop also. But this one is the worst so far. Oh well. I just ordered the UMI wheel hop kit. Hopefully that'll let me get out of the 13's. LOL

Stangmancs

Reaction score
My '11 M6 hops on radials like it is going to rip the rear end off. It us the worst in second gear and I have to get totally out of it to make it stop. On drag radials at the track I have no hop at all. It's a Brembo car with J&M LCAs.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
i can tell from expierence that on my 07 and 2011 that it needs an upper or still hops. my upper came in so ill be trying it wednesday or saturday

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
i can tell from expierence that on my 07 and 2011 that it needs an upper or still hops. my upper came in so ill be trying it wednesday or saturday

Generally, eliminating wheel hop can be done by installing the lowers, without the upper.

But, there are so many variables. Like many have stated, traction and tires play a very large role.

Keep everyone updated.:thumb:

Jonbones

stumoc sreu itlte
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be getting the UMI wheel hop elimination kit, along w/ an adj upper and on car adj pan hard bar. plan on keeping the stock ride height, and putting 18x10 wheels out back for street use, and slicks for the track.

and since this is a wheel hop thread, and autos don't have it, why don't you guys go stroke those pushbutton shifters somewhere else? it has been established that autos dont hop. GTFO of the wheel hop thread if you have nothing to add besides "my auto doesn't have wheel hop and Im a big queer"

erod550

Reaction score
Also don't understand the one manual car that doesn't have hop saying so 6 times in this thread. Ok, we get it, you don't have hop, but the rest of us do.

I'm hoping the UMI kit will fix it. I plan on ordering it this weekend.

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to try 2011 Shelby LCA with Roush UCA and adj panhard bar. When I get the upper from Lethel I will put everything on will see how it goes. I've done poly bushings on other cars my 70 mach 1 and 76 cobra II. Worn the set out on the 76 put another set in but took out poly bushings on the strut rods it was harsh.

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
Got the parts on today hugh difference and rides the same as before not harsh. My wheel hop is gone feels great to nail it.

Found out the why Roush wouldn't sell me just the arm. The stock arm is longer Roush using the 05-09 arm and there mount it didn't change the pinion angle on mine car

Last edited:

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
I'm running the Roush anti-hop kit, and J&M lowers for a 05-10 GT. The lowers were the same length. I have zero hop now.. :)

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
Longer Arm?

The stock 10-11 upper arm are longer than 05-09 cars. Roush kit changes it back to shorter upper arm (05-09) with there thicker metal mount. There are some pics in here somewhere showing this.

I oops on not saying upper arm in post #54

Last edited:

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I went ahead and tried just the control arms first without installing the brackets. A quick run on the street and I still have some hop. I'm going ahead to the track this weekend if the rain holds off. But my preliminary evaluation is just LCAs won't take care of it.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
That's odd.. my car has zero hop. Do you have the Roush anti-hop upper, or another brand of upper?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back