WOTBOX + 5 speed users....

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Okay so uh. I have everything wired except the last part about the two white wires in the middle PCM connector. How do I tell which one is which?

bullitt boy

Reaction score
So to the original installers of this thread do you still use and like the "wot box" ? Is it a mod you would do again?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
So to the original installers of this thread do you still use and like the "wot box" ? Is it a mod you would do again?

I love mine and use it all the time would definitely do it again!
I make full use of the spark rev limiter, 2-step and no-lift.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Okay so what do you guys have your no-lift shift timing set at? I have mine set on auto and I just end up roasting the clutch. I guess I shift too slow LOL. I floor it. Kick the clutch in and shift gears. But before I let off the clutch, the engine revs up and then roasts my clutch as I let out.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Auto is as slow or as fast as you kick the clutch in, I suggest leaving it there.
Nobody will do the same time everytime so setting it manually is pointless.
Auto lets you keep it in for a long time buddy, speed up with the clutch.
max is 700 milliseconds before it gives the engine the spark back, that's almost a whole second.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Auto is as slow or as fast as you kick the clutch in, I suggest leaving it there.
Nobody will do the same time everytime so setting it manually is pointless.
Auto lets you keep it in for a long time buddy, speed up with the clutch.
max is 700 milliseconds before it gives the engine the spark back, that's almost a whole second.

I shifted REALLY slow...maybe I should try it closer to redline. I was just testing the waters and going WOT and shifting at like 4000RPM to see what it was like. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I floor the gas. Floor the clutch. Shift gears. And let out the clutch. Should I let off the gas before I let off the clutch?

Also on the throwing flames out the exhaust...wouldn't it really depend on how hot your headers/exhaust piping was? I mean, no matter what your tune, it should dump a fair amount of fuel in there but the difference is whether or not your pipes are hot enough to ignite the fuel right? Hence why you see a lot of backfire on dynos since it's been idling and doing pulls basically at a standstill with no wind. Just my theory on why some people seem to have more backfire than others.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
No you're doing it right, gas floor, kick clutch-don't let gas out, shift, release clutch.
Just do it faster, it was scary for me at first too.

I only get flames after 3rd gear going to 4th, because it's real hot by that time, enough to pop.
Do you have chambered mufflers? if so you're going to blow them up.
see here...

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66711

Last edited:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
No you're doing it right, gas floor, kick clutch-don't let gas out, shift, release clutch.
Just do it faster, it was scary for me at first too.

I only get flames after 3rd gear going to 4th, because it's real hot by that time, enough to pop.
Do you have chambered mufflers? if so you're going to blow them up.
see here...

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66711

Gotcha. I guess I'll have to try it on the freeway or something. At least my 2-step works! I have to say the ignition cut is so weird because the entire car goes dead quiet. I have straight-through muffler so I think I'm good! Thanks for the heads up though.

I also broke almost all the clips of my fenderliner when I removed it because I got angry at it. :mad2: Anyone know where to order new ones?

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
I wish there were more vids with you guys launching at the track. Anyone have before and after video of how it helped them launch and shift?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
my car shoots flames lol

EDIT: (btw my theory on exhaust manifold and pipe temperature was indeed correct.)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back