WOTBOX + 5 speed users....

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
i know, i just wondered if the tuner could do something or not in the tune when it comes on, like add or take fuel away. what kind of load do we see when the 2 step is engaged.

I don't think you can tune for it really. The WOTBOX intercepts the signals to/from the ECU directly. On the S197, we have a wire for all the coilpacks so we can just tap one wire. On some cars, you end up having to tap as many wires as there are coilpacks. Not sure the ECU could do anything at that point since the tap is right before the coilpacks.

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
Ok. this topic has 24 pages...I skipped from 6 to the last page. Im guessing no computer tune is required after this install? Im gonna get one for the reason that it is easier on the tranny and keeps me in boost when shifting. Almost like having an auto!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
No computer tune, it's all physical stuff.
And yes it's pretty awesome.
Like an auto, without the vagina :roflmao:

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Searching brought me here.

I read all of this, but there was not a mention of installing an on/off switch for the wotbox. There is an off button on the unit but who wants to look for the box and then hit the button to turn it off.

I like to be able to turn off the wot box at the flick of a switch. Without getting into it yet, I figured I would need a sp/dt switch. The center pin would be to the fuse box AKA red wire, then the other 2 pins would have a wire going to the wotbox and the other going to the coil; aka black wire.

Similar setup to the cruise control button for line lock.

How does that sound??

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It would work, but sounds like alot of work for no reason, why shut it off anyway? and really, just press the button... lol

If I want to turn off the box, I open the passenger door, I reach under the glove box and touch the button once, I get back in the driver's seat.

you really need to turn it off on the fly?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Searching brought me here.

I read all of this, but there was not a mention of installing an on/off switch for the wotbox. There is an off button on the unit but who wants to look for the box and then hit the button to turn it off.

I like to be able to turn off the wot box at the flick of a switch. Without getting into it yet, I figured I would need a sp/dt switch. The center pin would be to the fuse box AKA red wire, then the other 2 pins would have a wire going to the wotbox and the other going to the coil; aka black wire.

Similar setup to the cruise control button for line lock.

How does that sound??

It doesn't activate under normal driving. You really have to be consciously thinking about activating it since you kick in the clutch while WOT--which is unnatural.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I am chasing issues with the car, so I want to rule out anything that can be interfering with the ignition/fuel system. I can press the button, but for the 30min to add a switch seems time well spent instead of possibly forgetting to shut it off.
Not sure if that has any part in in my stumbling issue or not, just going back to the beginning and narrowing it down.

I have all the material I need to do this, and all the wires are already in the car, so to run 3 wires and 6 soldered connections isnt a big deal.

Just a thought.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You can definitely do it if you really want to though, I don't see a major issue.
Just don't put the switch on the red wires, as the ignition uses the wotbox as a pass-through point even when it's off.

Cammed 05

Always happy
Reaction score
I don't see the point in bothering? Or am I missing something? I never hit the two step on the street unless I really have to or want to and you would also loose the wot/flat shit feature which I think is worth the money by itself. With the n2mb box you can set the rpm while rolling that will allow it to engage if you please. I just set mine at 4500 and never see it on the street. Unless there is a warm up and launch involved.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Would not work and I agree no point, if you opened a switch on the ignition wire you would get no fire at all, the wot box completes the circuit. If I want to turn it off(which i never do) I open my glove box and hit the button, it takes 2 seconds.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back