Young Punk Build Volume IV - The game needs change & I'm the mother *@#%en cashier

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Im really pushing to have this thing dynoed and ready for March.... Im still waiting on the Wolfe cage but I should have it in a week or so. I have so much more to do but im hungry to keep going.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How are you gonna get the gauges to work are you swapping the dash too

I already have a 5" pro stock carbon fiber tach in a box waiting to go in...

So If I can't get the cluster to work.. Im going to buy the 5" speedo and remove the stock cluster all together and wire it race car styles. Slide each 5" gauge into the plastic rings, I already have water and oil gauges in the car. I would buy a amp gauge and be done with it.

Ither way im not scared to get it done :roflmao:

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way as Matt, whether automatics are or aren't superior at the strip, I'll never have one. I don't care if I'll gain a full second, I stiill choose to be banging gears. At the end of every clean pass you get a sense of accomplishment that only a stick car can give you.

Fuickin A. Not to mention those of us who want, and plan, to do more than only go straight.

This thread is the epitome of why this forum IS the best. You couldnt get this much useful tech out of a whole years subcription to a magazine. For me, this is JUST what the doctor ordered. Doing this is what I changed my plans to as soon as I saw it was offered in the catalog. However, Im planning to use the BOSS 302R engine, unless I find out shit that will impede things too much.

The potential of not being able to use the stock gauge pack concerns me, however.

And Matt your pics should be in focus if you switch it to the "Night" setting and turn off the flash.

And one more thing, you bolted the stand to the engine then just raised the car up with the lift?

Last edited:

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Im really pushing to have this thing dynoed and ready for March.... Im still waiting on the Wolfe cage but I should have it in a week or so. I have so much more to do but im hungry to keep going.

Why you going to bring it to Bradenton?!?! :omfg:

Its looking good man! what are you doing for fuel rails or adaptors? We used an aeromotive fitting to hook to the stock rails

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
Thats it im moving out of cali ! Looking great , now with the added weight of the 5.0 will you be changing out your springs at all to compensate for the weight transfer.. ***sorry if this was asked already***

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Coil packs all back in, put the harness's back on, Slapped the coil pack covers on along with the intake cover to take a look.

DSC03938.jpg

DSC03939.jpg

This makes me ashamed :tdown:

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is very little weight difference between the 5.0 and the 4.6 3v believe it or not.

The FRPP catalogue list the M-6007-M50 crate engine (5.0L 4V 412 HP) as 414 lbs without alternator. Alternator is 16.5 lbs for a total of 430.5 lbs.

Not sure what the weight of a 4.6L 3V is, anyone?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The FRPP catalogue list the M-6007-M50 crate engine (5.0L 4V 412 HP) as 414 lbs without alternator. Alternator is 16.5 lbs for a total of 430.5 lbs.

According to FRPP, the M-6007-A463NA 3V "Hotrod" engine weighs 400lbs dressed. I thought it was a little more than that, but it's still pretty close.

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why you going to bring it to Bradenton?!?! :omfg:

Its looking good man! what are you doing for fuel rails or adaptors? We used an aeromotive fitting to hook to the stock rails

I figured Aeromotive had something that would work, I just havn't got to that point yet. Eric do you mind throwing me the part number? Would be much appreciated :)

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats it im moving out of cali ! Looking great , now with the added weight of the 5.0 will you be changing out your springs at all to compensate for the weight transfer.. ***sorry if this was asked already***

There is very little weight difference between the 5.0 and the 4.6 3v believe it or not.

According to FRPP, the M-6007-A463NA 3V "Hotrod" engine weighs 400lbs dressed. I thought it was a little more than that, but it's still pretty close.

I knew it wasn't a big differnce, thanks guys :D

Back