11 Second NA S197's

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
..........rebuilding transmissions. :beer:

Truth... In 2 years I have 2 3650's , a built 3650 (garbage), and a tr6060 rebuild under my belt... :omfg:

DS Thanks, I will do that this weekend.

I have CHE K member support and S/T 8.8 Axle Brace
Part # CHE9L ... would you think their weight isnt worth their support?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just called Jim Jr @ Jdm and ordered up that drive shaft :clap:

I have to order a power steering by pass belt next time I go to the track too o_O

I can't beleive I forgot about that -_-

Last edited:

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
If they are full stiff then you are knocking the crap out of the tire.

What do you mean by this?

There are two things that can compress in the rear when weight transfer occurs, the springs and the tire sidewall.
Won't a soft setting in the rear mean more spring compression under launch. If the weight transfer is going more towards compressing the springs, then isn't less weight pressing the tire into the ground?

Anyway Matt, you 60s are excellent. I can't really see you improving much without increasing power. You are already launching harder than most guys with 50% more power.

I cut a 1.74 on stock LCAs/UCA and I barely knew how to do a burnout. This was full soft front, full hard rear.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
some one just sent me this pic of my car...

I was like OMG that thing is leaving hard!:omfg:

I should change the springs next time I go... lol

mattd.jpg

That says 3V FTW... lol great pic :clap:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That says 3V FTW... lol great pic :clap:

Well yes and no.... the car in the laft lane is my cousin's 99gt. I did win that race he went 12.99 but because he took his blower off.... lol it broke earlier that day.

His 2 valve runs 10.20's @ 135mph on 17" rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Big procharger race blower with a custom cog set up

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
What do you mean by this?

There are two things that can compress in the rear when weight transfer occurs, the springs and the tire sidewall.
Won't a soft setting in the rear mean more spring compression under launch. If the weight transfer is going more towards compressing the springs, then isn't less weight pressing the tire into the ground?
You have to look at it as "keeping the tire happy". With the shock set at full stiff you are effectively shocking the tire....ie: hitting it too quickly and with too much force. By softening the shock you give the tire time to grip and move the car forward while still applying weight transfer and load. The car gets a chance to make an initial hook and move. By nailing the tire immediately it never gets a chance to make an initial hook. You shock the sidewall and the tire is "unhappy". The car goes nowhere and you are still applying power to the tire........hence, it spins.

While your car may have worked with the shocks at full firm other cars do not. I'll repeat this one more time:

No two cars react the same. Period.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just ordered up a Ford racing 62mm t-body.... whooooot! :clap:

I can't wait to get back to the track

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
tracking number says my driveshaft will be in today :)

Thanks for the quick service Jim!

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice. :) haha

i'll have to get me a race boat instade of the car. its been raining here everyday :(

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice. :) haha

i'll have to get me a race boat instade of the car. its been raining here everyday :(

I raced my car last friday and my car hasn't been out since, it's rained here everyday since then :(

Im going to bring it to work tomorrow and dyno it again with the new parts, and try that ported plastic intake :) hopefulley I gain something from the ported intake, I don't care if its only 5hp lol

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol how good is that. haha "well im just gonna go to work, and play with my car at the dyno a little bit. the go chage some oil and stuff"

hahaha wanna switch jobS?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol how good is that. haha "well im just gonna go to work, and play with my car at the dyno a little bit. the go chage some oil and stuff"

hahaha wanna switch jobS?

after hours.... not durring the day lol :thud:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice!

Additional tuning?

I will put it on the dyno this weekend, make sure if everything is ok or make adjustments if not. They said just plug in play. Comes all assembled on the motor. That's why its so much mooooney lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back