2005 Gt Rallycross build

Discussion in 'Corner Carver Racing Tech Discussion' started by OutlawEvans, Mar 13, 2019.

1. OutlawEvans

OutlawEvans forum member

Thank you everyone for the information and I really appreciate the explanation Norm. His suggestion for higher gears was for stage rally only, not the parking lot Rallycross. I’ll definitely have to try it out the way it’s geared now. I agree with everyone, I think it should do fine

Also update. Ordered the mishimoto radiator kit, should be here next week. Going to throw that on, fabricate a skid plate, take it out to a local lake bed/gravel road area to test it with its regular street tires. Then figure out my 16in wheels and tire situation

2. Sky Render

Sky Render Stig's Retarded Cousin S197 Team Member

Did you identify the coolant leak, or are you just going to replace all the hoses while you're doing the radiator?

3. OutlawEvans

OutlawEvans forum member

Yes! The lower rad hose to the block rubbed on the pulley and split open. I’m replacing all the hoses though

4. Sky Render

Sky Render Stig's Retarded Cousin S197 Team Member

Story time! My first car was an Import Tuner style show car. You could Eat off that engine bay. One day, I'm about 2 blocks from my house, the temperature gauge spikes, I smell coolant, and there's steam everywhere.

The lower radiator hose rubbed the fan, which wore a hole in it and sprayed coolant ALL OVER THE ENGINE. I spent like 30 minutes replacing the hose and refilling the radiator and like a week detailing it.

5. OutlawEvans

OutlawEvans forum member

Damn must have been mint if you needed a week to get it back in shape