2009 East Coast S197 Mustang Shootout

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2009 East Coast S197 Mustang Shootout
Announcement

Five Guys Racing is pleased to announce the First Annual East Coast S197 Mustang Shootout at Rockingham Dragway in Rockingham, North Carolina, on Sunday, November 1, 2009. “The Rock” provides a centrally located, easily accessed facility on the Eastern seaboard complete with concessons, sponsor space, and nearby hotels.

The event was originally intended to focus on the 4.0L and 4.6L naturally aspirated S197's with six index, side-by-side race classes. However, due to popular demand the forced induction crowd is invited to participate in six additional classes for added excitement. The facility will manage a Sportsman ladder, and racers will face a .5 Pro Tree, half second indexes, and no breakout rules in effect. The overall emphasis is on street cars you can live with and drive every day, so all cars must be tagged and registered, and cannot be gutted. Winners in each class will receive trophies. Other awards are also being developed for items such as "best 60 foot", "longest road trip to the event", etc.

The following classes have been developed:

Grudge Matches!
Concerned about get eliminated early on? Don't be. Instead, please join some of the well known S197 racecar drivers and our other special guests in the non-award category. Call out a buddy (or a nemesis) for some straight-up heads up racing action. No one to call out? Just keep making "time trial" passes as if you are at a private rental. Everyone will have plenty of opportunity to race all day!

NA Classes
Street Sleeper - 14.000 and slower (4.0L Cars Only)

Pure Street - 13.999 - 13.500

Street - 13.499 - 13.000

Modified Street - 12.999 - 12.500

Super Street - 12.499 - 12.000

Street Eliminator - 11.999 and faster

Power Adder Classes
Street Renegade - 12.500 and slower

Street Hoodlum - 12.499 - 12.000

Street Sheriff - 11.999 - 11.500

Street Bandit - 11.499 - 11.000

Wild Street - 10.999 - 10.500

Street Outlaw - 10.499 and faster

Event rules, current class descriptions and as well as full registration information can be found on our website using the "Event Detail" navagation button or visiting our forum. Check back periodically as further information regarding entry fees, driver’s meeting, lodging and other items will be become available.

Contact

Send email to the announcement poster or [email protected] .

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
whooooooot :D 9 days before my bday. I might have to make the trip from toronto. Im lovin the classes

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmm, gotta think on this, sounds like fun, but its a hike for me

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
hmm, gotta think on this, sounds like fun, but its a hike for me

Come on bro! You know you want to! :thumb: You, Ron, Art, and some of the other NY/NJ guys can get a Mustang Convoy going!

GeLsTaNg06

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome time! I was really hoping somewhere in NJ or MD lol 9hr drive to NC is bit to far for me doh!!!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im in. I was planning on gonig to NC anyway somethine this summer so for SURE Im In. PMP can bring a whole slew of spare parts for me lol

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you guys suck lol , dammit this would be like a 13-14 hour drive easy and if i break something holy shit my wife would never let me hear the end of it ...... set one up for bama or texas lol

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Ron's right. 95 South has very minor traffic once you pass DC. Just "man-up" and go for it! LOL

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you guys suck lol , dammit this would be like a 13-14 hour drive easy and if i break something holy shit my wife would never let me hear the end of it ...... set one up for bama or texas lol

Thats what Im thinking... SCR in Baton Rouge/Erwinville :thumb:

'Bama or HRP very do-able...

Heads and cams moved to modified street....

NO chance we'll be competitive w/ stripped/stroker cars.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Come on bro! You know you want to! :thumb: You, Ron, Art, and some of the other NY/NJ guys can get a Mustang Convoy going!

I do, just not sure about it, its a long drive and IDK about my business at this point.

PMP can bring a whole slew of spare parts for me lol

I'm sure you'll need it!!! :LMAO:

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
Sooo, this went from a S197Forum.com sponsored event, to a promotion for your own new website that you guys decided to start? Guess that's why I never got a call about details of the event.:tdown:
Booooo :tdown: Talked me out of attending

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sooo, this went from a S197Forum.com sponsored event, to a promotion for your own new website that you guys decided to start? Guess that's why I never got a call about details of the event.:tdown:

I thought this was a s197forum.com sponsored thing as well? Why isnt it?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Plus...the car and I have to be in Vegas two days after this one so we're out.

You are such a whipped bitch. :roflmao:

...HRP very do-able...

Ok, ok.....lemme' work on it. Damn, I've gotta do everything. :beer:

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score

Booooo :tdown: Talked me out of attending

I thought this was a s197forum.com sponsored thing as well? Why isnt it?

Kim, We didn't mean any disrespect. We have all of the best intentions and in our company bio we credit your site for the birth of the event.

There is way more to this then just a nod and a hand shake. Because we are taking money for a service we had to found a business corp "not for profit" to cover ourselves for both personal and tax liability reasons.

Also, we did not start talking to people about sponsorship on an official level, and if you are still interested, this can still be an S197Forum Sponsored event. I will be more than happy to take this off-line. If you would like to call me, I will PM my number to you.

Last edited:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Kimmer, MY bad for posting this before contacting you anyhow. That was an omission in protocol and I blew it. It's no excuse but we've all been doing this in between work and other things, and the thought just didn't cross my mind at the time I posted--I was just so damn glad we'd reached the point where we could post something positive. My apologies for missing that courtesy...I know Marc is contacting you offline, and I'd be happy to as well. Let us make this right dude.

John

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Plus...the car and I have to be in Vegas two days after this one so we're out.

You are such a whipped bitch. :roflmao:

Ok, ok.....lemme' work on it. Damn, I've gotta do everything. :beer:

no nothing with being whipped that bitch told me if i blow something again she's burning it while im offshore lmao ..... fucked up part is i know her she's not bullshittin ......

and im down for hrp :thumb:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Kim, We didn't mean any disrespect. We have all of the best intentions and in our company bio we credit your site for the birth of the event.

There is way more to this then just a nod and a hand shake. Because we are taking money for a service we had to found a business corp "not for profit" to cover ourselves for both personal and tax liability reasons.

Also, we did not start talking to people about sponsorship on an official level, and if you are still interested, this can still be an S197Forum Sponsored event. I will be more than happy to take this off-line. If you would like to call me, I will PM my number to you.

I got most of your message on my phone before it went dead. I have to order a new charger for it, so it's doa for a couple days.

Don't worry about it, I understand the need to have it due to the financial reasons. I hope you guys get a great turn out and have a good time!:thumb: I won't be able to make a november run, because my car goes into storage at the end of october every year. It doesn't see rain or snow and november has both in michigan...haha. Maybe next year we can figure something out.:beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back