2011 GT Radiator Fan Harness

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
Asking for some help with the following issue:
My Radiator Fan died Friday night while I was at a drive-through, causing the temps to shoot all the way the Hot side of the gauge. I was able to park the car, let it cool off, and made it home. After troubleshooting pretty much all the fuses, relays, etc. I checked to make sure the Harness that attaches to the fan was securely connected, and it was, but I unplugged it to check it, and this is what I found (see image).
After talking to Adam from S.T. Motorsports, he mentioned that he had deal with the same issue regularly, and that the Fan was indeed shot, but that I should also replace the harness. My local dealers couldn't even find it in their system, no part number, nothing!
Any ideas, besides a wrecked car, on where I could buy this?
I already bought another fan, and everything works great, but the melted harness concerns me! thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20140607_111453.jpg
    20140607_111453.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 90

barbaro

forum member
Reaction score
I have had to do this too as the exact same thing happened to me. In fact, I have the very same used harness sitting in my garage. The harness is very available and expensive through Ford. It will be north of $600 if memory serves me.

That little pig nose is not available anywhere. I looked and had people look for me. If you find one let me know. It will save you $$$.

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Asking for some help with the following issue:
My Radiator Fan died Friday night while I was at a drive-through, causing the temps to shoot all the way the Hot side of the gauge. I was able to park the car, let it cool off, and made it home. After troubleshooting pretty much all the fuses, relays, etc. I checked to make sure the Harness that attaches to the fan was securely connected, and it was, but I unplugged it to check it, and this is what I found (see image).
After talking to Adam from S.T. Motorsports, he mentioned that he had deal with the same issue regularly, and that the Fan was indeed shot, but that I should also replace the harness. My local dealers couldn't even find it in their system, no part number, nothing!
Any ideas, besides a wrecked car, on where I could buy this?
I already bought another fan, and everything works great, but the melted harness concerns me! thanks in advance!

did you check to see if that plug matches anything here:

http://s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=450032&postcount=1

if it does, you could cut it out and splice in a new one.

9secCOBRA

Reaction score
Mine was burnt up looking, but still working fine, guess I need to fix this..

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, don't forget I'm here. :)

That connector is available as a repair pigtail P/N DU2Z-14S411-ABA $14.99 plus shipping from us. :thumb:

-Steve

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check the wiring at the fuse panel, it is likely burnt there as well. The 05+ fans are notorious for this. I ran larger 10 gauge wiring though out to fix it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back