2020 Roush Jack Roush Edition

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
You cant be serious....... a lot of cars get better mpg's than stated. The ones who make outrageous claims are the ones that fall short. 2019 Audi RS3 claims 19 city / 28 highway. My rental that i had for 2 weeks average 34 mixed. I drove it the same way i drive my GTI. My GTI gets almost 38 mpg on the highway, claims 31 mpg. Its all about how you drive it.

I had a 2017 Fiesta ST that I bought new. Reset the MPG with 500 miles on the odometer and never touched it again.

I drive 35k miles a year, and it's mixed city/highway. I didn't baby the car, but didn't beat it either. I did tend to skip gears when possible and natural. When I traded it in with nearly 80k miles on it, I had averaged 34.7 mpg.

Again, that was nearly 80k miles, so its a legit sample size. They are rated 26/31, so there is truth to some cars doing better than advertised.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The factory computations are notoriously incorrect. Though they should be super accurate these days. The ECU should know exactly how much fuel the injectors are using. And there is no excuse for a gps based distance traveled capability not to be used.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^I said high hp cars, not a VW Beetle! Have one of your friends you say have the new GT 500 post a pic on here of it's mpg showing over 20 will make me believe it.
Someone is butthurt. Im guessing a GTI or 2 has lapped your Roush on the track. They arent going to waste their time but if i can get a pic of their gas slip where its actually calculated i will post it.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Not butthurt at all, just realistic. I have a new track friend I ran on track with at Road America last year in his GTI, I was in my 2018 GT PP1 and here is video of me blowing him off track. I actually was stuck behind him for a lap and was surprised how well it ran so I will give it kudos for that. Never had one go by my Roush either... these were also my first laps in this car... who's butthurt now!!

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not me, i dont track mine. Its just a fun little car that gets great gas mileage.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Someone is butthurt. Im guessing a GTI or 2 has lapped your Roush on the track. They arent going to waste their time but if i can get a pic of their gas slip where its actually calculated i will post it.
You don't need a gas slip, take pic of the mpg calculated on their display, the new stangs will compute/display mpg.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Not me, i dont track mine. Its just a fun little car that gets great gas mileage.
Which has nothing to do with this thread at all, so why did you bring it up?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You don't need a gas slip, take pic of the mpg calculated on their display, the new stangs will compute/display mpg.

Thats not accurate, lol. My mustang on e85 says it gets 8 mpg. Doing the actual calculation shows it gets 15 mpg on e85.

JJ427R

Reaction score
BTW i didnt see a gti in that video.

Very 1st lap, I go down the long straight and a Green GTI pulls out of pit lane in front of me in turn 1 and I'm behind him until I hit the long straight again, I then go around him. BTW he still has the GTI but now bought a Miata for his track car.

Last edited:

JJ427R

Reaction score
Thats not accurate, lol. My mustang on e85 says it gets 8 mpg. Doing the actual calculation shows it gets 15 mpg on e85.
We're not talking about a car on e85, we are talking about the stock 2020 GT500 with no modifications at all and you claiming it gets 20mpg. Please stop bringing other shit into this thread that has no relevance to the thread. Thank You.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We are talking about mpg and calculations, its all relevant. Just because a magazine says it doesn't make it truth. That's the point of bringing up other cars to prove a point. You can live in your diluted truth, have a good day.

JJ427R

Reaction score
We are talking about mpg and calculations, its all relevant. Just because a magazine says it doesn't make it truth. That's the point of bringing up other cars to prove a point. You can live in your diluted truth, have a good day.
I posted earlier it's nothing from a magazine article, there are plenty of owners on you tube with video posting their mileage, both on street and track, there is no diluted truth, only diluted truth is your claim of your friends getting 20 mpg in the car with no proof at all. Come back to this thread when you can show me something relevant! Have a great day as well!

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Why can't a car that makes over 700hp get good mpg? Its not making 700hp when cruising down the freeway. It's basically an N/A engine at that point. If a car is only getting 14mpg at that point its time to find a new tuner.

My old Cobra managed about 18ish on the freeway at 75. That one was about 650-700 at the tires. My current one managed closer to 20 in it's current state with the Whipple driving to Vegas. No dash readouts though. All hand calculated.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Look were talking about the new GT500 here, lets keep the conversation to that and the new Roush which I'm comparing it to.

I'm not saying a car that makes over 700hp can't get good mpg. All I'm saying is everything that I have seen on the new GT500 says that it does not get good gas mileage. If you haven't seen his videos, Speed Phenom kid on you tube does a very good job of describing this new car and it's capabilities, on a "completely stock GT500" both on the street as well as the track and dragstrip. He is soon getting a Track Pack equipped one and will be showing that as well, and I'm anxious to see what it does.

In his current videos he states his only complaint about the car is how much time he spends at gas stations. He averages 14 mpg just as the Ford Factory Sticker shows it gets, and him running on track at both Willow Springs and Buttonwillow he burned a full tank in one 20 minute session, getting between 2 and 2.5 mpg on track. Once again this is on a bone stock 2020 GT500.

Here is one of his latest vids and he takes his mom on the track with him, she's just screaming, wants out of the car, and he just blows her off, hilarious!!! The kid can drive!

My last statement is how/why would anyone buy one of these 750hp cars and drive it around at cruising speed? Why not just buy a base Mustang if that is the case. I know that is not what I'd be doing with all that hp and I'm betting most guys that buy these will not be babying them around, that foot pedal is just too tempting!!!

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
If he's as busy with his right foot on the loud pedal as he is with his hands on the steering wheel, I'd be a whole lot less surprised at his mpgs.

Norm

JJ427R

Reaction score
If he's as busy with his right foot on the loud pedal as he is with his hands on the steering wheel, I'd be a whole lot less surprised at his mpgs.

Norm
You are correct on that one, he's definitely not the smoothest driver I've ever seen that's for sure, first thing I noticed in his videos. Think he could use a couple days at a good driving school, but he was sliding it around a bit, still fun to watch.

Main thing he's honest in his videos. Tells it as he sees it.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
He's such a weiner I don't know how you old codgers tolerate him!!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Cheap? Define cheap. I would say it still cost's a lot of money for the hp. It is very accessible though.
Example: One of the popular upgrades on current Mustangs is a supercharger. Since on this thread we are talking 750+hp cars and not 500hp, the Stage 2 750hp Roush SC for my 2018 GT is $7999 + 10 hrs installation time. Think most shops(In my area) avg. about $120 per hr now, so that's $9200 for 290hp increase, $31.72 per 1hp. I did a 30hp upgrade on my 2010 Roush that cost me $1100, $36.66 per 1hp.

My ls truck will make 450 on literally free junkyard garbage parts a 700 dollar cam kit and some china longtubes. Truck was 1800 usd to purchase.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back