3v Cam Data Thread

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The lockouts have to be set full advance which is zero degrees. Full retard would be minus sixty. One cam sproket tooth would give you about 8.6 degrees

He went from hot rods iirc.

Actually he had Hot Rods with a Procharger and the stock motor. Went to 350 with the built motor and then 550. Made a huge power improvement going from 350 to 550. I believe the Hot Rods made more power than the 127350 did at comparable boost levels. His tuner at the time had Hot Rods dialed in. Some tuners don't make any extra power with them and some know how to make them work well.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
stock bottom end , 127300's, 26113 springs, whipple @ 10.9 , afr 11.2 ( i know thats wayyyy conservative ) , total timing was i think 15 or 16 degrees. long tubes, o/r hpipe , 2 1/2" cat back, bbk 62mm throttle body, 52lb inj, i made 450 and 420 trq on a very tight mustang dyno. ive since ported plenum, opened up the tube, added a 10 rib which got me to 11.5 lbs so seat of the pants has went up but i havent had the tune modified yet.
ive been contemplating degreeing the cams upon completion of my forged engine. is this neccessary or better than limiters? i dont plan on taking it over 600rwhp but i beat the car pretty hard alot of times when i drive it. is vct really safe at 600 rwhp? next go round will be @ pro dyno and i think he uses a dyno jet so numbers will most likely be inflated.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
stock bottom end , 127300's, 26113 springs, whipple @ 10.9 , afr 11.2 ( i know thats wayyyy conservative ) , total timing was i think 15 or 16 degrees. long tubes, o/r hpipe , 2 1/2" cat back, bbk 62mm throttle body, 52lb inj, i made 450 and 420 trq on a very tight mustang dyno. ive since ported plenum, opened up the tube, added a 10 rib which got me to 11.5 lbs so seat of the pants has went up but i havent had the tune modified yet.
ive been contemplating degreeing the cams upon completion of my forged engine. is this neccessary or better than limiters? i dont plan on taking it over 600rwhp but i beat the car pretty hard alot of times when i drive it. is vct really safe at 600 rwhp? next go round will be @ pro dyno and i think he uses a dyno jet so numbers will most likely be inflated.

I've always run limiters when needed. Tried lockouts once for about two weeks. At one time I had a Whipple at 15 psi, 26113 springs, no limiters or lockouts, and 127300 cams. Keep in mind that I've always run the stock cats so my numbers are probably lower than some others. Anyway, I made 599 with that combo on e85. Never had a problem with the phasers but the motor was built as close to Ford specs as possible and used 5w-20. You can still degree the cams and keep vct enabled.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
You will get better RPM out of the Cams retarded instead of advanced.

Our intake will really help with the Higher RPMs

What do you mean by "better"rpm?

I'm the one that is backward. It's been so long since I did my cams I forgot which direction they go, Doh! When I was locked out I was set up full advance too. Which is a shame because the 350's make dick for torque.

Mine have been full advance in my last engine and my current one.

Eric, is there something we should know?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
i thought you had to use the 2v stlye cam gears to degree. do they make an adjustable gear that works with the phasers ?

Trick flow has a gearset for the crank that allows up to 4 degrees of adjustment either way.

Large Image
<LI class=video>Video

tfs-51800505_w.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back