4.6L 3V Build

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
+1

been on stands the entire time.

What he doesn't know is the whole build was put on hold for almost 8 months prior to that due to a shitty economy.

I also work 60+ hours a week.
Same reasons here . I went almost a year without hardly touching the car . We will get there though !

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
i just want to say thanx todd! i just spent the last 2 hours from post #1 getting all the part numbers and torque specs you used and making myself a spread sheet!!

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score
Nice Build Thread. It still amazes me that comp cams still doesnt do any type of QC. Almost everyone I know has seen a comp cam with a raised edge or shaving.

vegasfergie

Reaction score
This is an awesome thread! Can't wait to see updates on how it's going.

Reaction score
I have assembled an inexpensive pressure tank to prelube this engine - same as everyone else. Insecticide sprayer was purchased from Home Depot along with some misc. fittings & hose. One exception is that I have added an inline filter.

When pressurizing the lubrication systems on our engines via the oil pressure sensor port (because it's convenient) everyone needs to remember that this location is after the oil filter. Therefore if there are any contaminants in our pressure bleeding apparatus they are introduced directly into the engine.

The filter I chose was a NAPA part# 3001. It has a 1/4" inlet & outlet and filter media is 12 microns. Our OEM oil filter is 19 microns. This should keep any contaminants from inadvertently entering the engine and should keep our oil ISO at about a 15/13 which is very clean.

100_1047.jpg

The oil I have chosen to prelube/break in this engine is Valvoline VR1 10W-30 Racing Oil - non synthetic. This oil has a high level of zinc/phosphorus to reduce initial break in wear.
100_1048.jpg

any chance you could tell me what all the parts were? I want to build a similar setup to protect my baby before I finally crank her up. :D thanks

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Everything you see in the picture (bug sprayer, additional 1/4" hose, brass fittings, ball valve & hose clamps) was picked up at Home Depot except the 3001 filter was purchased at NAPA. Only other item is the -4 JIC fitting which screws onto the fitting I have on my oil filter base for the pressure gauge. I'm sure you could pick that up from NAPA as well.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
You are leaving your tranny stock?? i have an auto as well, no power adder,tune or gears and I am haveing problems at 46,000, I drive it pretty normal only a few track passes, so I hope you have better luck than I have had, congrats on a very sweet build!!

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Hey cole, glad your up and running. Sub'ing to this as I am getting ready for rebuild #2...... Lots of part#'s I need and advice in here.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back