4.6L 3V Build

Cal26Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Did he ever post videos of his car running? This was the most painstaking attention to detail I've seen on a forum, and the documentation was so in depth. very impressive

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Is this sealant supposed to remain soft?

100_0906.jpg

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Any of it exposed to air will stay soft, so it normal to be soft on the outer edges.

Really, what are you basing that statement on?

I called Permatex's Tech Support and gave them the OEM part# and this is exactly what they suggested using.

http://www.permatex.com/products/Au..._makers/Permatex_Anaerobic_Gasket_Maker_b.htm

Be sure to read the Tech Data Sheet

Used this product on several rear main seal plates on 4.6L 3Vs and never had any leaks
Thanks.

MountainMichael

forum member
Reaction score
I used Permatex anaerobic gasket sealer on intercooler core flanges to back up poorly/extremely rough seated o-rings. Worked great. Tough stuff.

The activator allows it to work effectively with rougher or wider gaps, fwiw.

Mick

MountainMichael

forum member
Reaction score
BTW, I got a lot of great info out of this thread and a couple of others that helped me a LOT with upgrading the oil pump in my car to TSS billet prior to the stock self destruct mechanism. <-- That last quip was mostly about supercharged cars and their propensity for blowing up stock PM oil pump gears.

Kind of a tough job for me, but the info sure helped.

Mick

dsmdiggler

forum member
Reaction score
I just read this entire thread in between homework sessions, WOW! Unbelievable attention to detail during this build, I am curious to see how this engine will perform over the years. Judging by the work put in, I would think its rock solid for a while. The only thing whatsoever that would have been different for me would be putting in a M6, obviously to each their own though. Again, great build.

There was talk about an excel file with a chart on all the parts used in the build, is that floating around?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I have a copy on my PC. PM me with your email address if you would like a copy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back