4.6L 3V Build

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
man... this build thread was awesome... however, it was like rounding third base heading for home and being called back cause it was just foul!

i.e... whats up with the build?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
man... this build thread was awesome... however, it was like rounding third base heading for home and being called back cause it was just foul!

i.e... whats up with the build?

The engine was only the first stage of the build.

Since the engine was completed I have upgraded the rear axle, installed an Axle Exchange 4" Aluminum One Piece Drive Shaft, BMR radiator support, K-Member & A-Arms, Tokico D-Spec Front Struts, Race Star wheels, M/T ET Street Radials, M&H Racemaster front runners, and am currently in the process of relocating the battery to the trunk so I can use the OEM battery tray for a custom Canton intercooler reservoir.

Depending on funds, a cage may also be in the works

Last edited:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
It hasn't died - it's just resting, waiting on something worth posting. If you clicked on any of the links in my previous post, you'll see I haven't been sitting around without doing anything.

I'm currently relocating the battery to the trunk and installing a larger I/C reservoir in the battery box.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
It's great that you are do other things, but you fired up the motor last August, we would like to know how it came out? Have you tuned it yet? put it on the a dyno?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Was a good thread, to bad you let it die!!,

It hasn't died - it's just resting, waiting on something worth posting. If you clicked on any of the links in my previous post, you'll see I haven't been sitting around without doing anything.

I'm currently relocating the battery to the trunk and installing a larger I/C reservoir in the battery box.

It's great that you are do other things, but you fired up the motor last August, we would like to know how it came out? Have you tuned it yet? put it on the a dyno?

Ah, it all sounds so easy and fast till you do it all yourself... LOL!

gil_t2

Reaction score
I know, i spent 7 years on my 57 T-Bird. But every part was date correct, and now i have a room full of new parts, and my Mustang is 15 miles away in storage. I am going to move south. Hate the snow and ice

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I know, i spent 7 years on my 57 T-Bird. But every part was date correct, and now i have a room full of new parts, and my Mustang is 15 miles away in storage. I am going to move south. Hate the snow and ice

So that gives you the right to come bash someones thread because he is taking his time and doing it right? :handjob:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Living further south don't help , look at me . I am ashamed at this point with how long it is taking. Ive hurried before and have failed . You cant rush it to do it the way you "REALLY" want it though .

gil_t2

Reaction score
So that gives you the right to come bash someones thread because he is taking his time and doing it right? :handjob:

I am just asking about the Engine build, not the rest of the build ! He said that he started the engine last August ( fired it up) So what ? has it just set in the shop since?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I am just asking about the Engine build, not the rest of the build ! He said that he started the engine last August ( fired it up) So what ? has it just set in the shop since?
Yes . In the garage doing other mods the way I take it.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Yes . In the garage doing other mods the way I take it.

+1

been on stands the entire time.

What he doesn't know is the whole build was put on hold for almost 8 months prior to that due to a shitty economy.

I also work 60+ hours a week.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back