5.0 died and will not start

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You may be wrong. I've been to 6 dealerships in town, and the surrounding cities, and they say the MM is good, but it isn't Ford's responsibility to prove the parts DID cause the failure, its on the customer to prove they DIDN'T cause the failure. Ford isnt wasting any money on this crap anymore.

thats complete bullshit. Rear the MM Act. clearly states Dealer has to prove.

five0three

forum member
Reaction score
You may be wrong. I've been to 6 dealerships in town, and the surrounding cities, and they say the MM is good, but it isn't Ford's responsibility to prove the parts DID cause the failure, its on the customer to prove they DIDN'T cause the failure. Ford isnt wasting any money on this crap anymore.

Absolutly incorrect. If they are going to void your warranty they have to justify it.

Last edited:

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
Absolutly incorrect. If they are going to void your warranty they have to justify it.

Now I'm really upset. Nothing but a bunch of lying jerk off's around here. I even went in person to speak with someone because I hate talking over the phone/email. So where could I take my car in central TX that isnt run by arrogant/misinformed a-holes?

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
Now I'm really upset. Nothing but a bunch of lying jerk off's around here. I even went in person to speak with someone because I hate talking over the phone/email. So where could I take my car in central TX that isnt run by arrogant/misinformed a-holes?

Tommy Vaughn Ford

19cobra99

Reaction score
thats complete bullshit. Rear the MM Act. clearly states Dealer has to prove.

My warranty was voided. The tec did NOTHING to find out what was wrong with my car, they looked for a way to void my warranty.. If the car has a tune, I think you're out of luck. I hope they do take care of you, I ON THE OTHER HAND GOT SCREWED

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
My warranty was voided. The tec did NOTHING to find out what was wrong with my car, they looked for a way to void my warranty.. If the car has a tune, I think you're out of luck. I hope they do take care of you, I ON THE OTHER HAND GOT SCREWED

Can we get more details? What did you bring it in for? What mods did you have when you brought it in?

19cobra99

Reaction score

The fact is the tec's have to call hotline for motor repairs on the Coyote. From there it's downhill if you had/have a tune

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

The dealer didn't prove shit to me, they said I had a tune and sorry Charlie,

And you walked out of there accepting their answer. you should have fought it, called ford, anything whatsoever but leave the dealer with a voided warranty. In essence you let the dealer win, and Im not trying to be mean or an asshole, but you let them win here man.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
And you walked out of there accepting their answer. you should have fought it, called ford, anything whatsoever but leave the dealer with a voided warranty. In essence you let the dealer win, and Im not trying to be mean or an asshole, but you let them win here man.

Please read the thread they linked to, its a shit storm in there.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Please read the thread they linked to, its a shit storm in there.

Shit storm is an understatement,
full of lies, and skirting the truth. refusing to give information. One thing for sure, you can't run the shit out of a car, then put it back to stock and then lie and act stupid to get it repaired under warranty.

Swoope

Reaction score
will save you the reading time.

Originally Posted by 19kobra99
Don't know it all!! If my car has a canned tune, the same you could have, and my car breaks and yours doesn't, what could be the explanation? My tuner has been in the game for a looong time and his "tune" didn't break the car. Something is wrong that the part failed. A little more background info. The 5.0 was a couple of months late to the party. The production was backed a couple of months.... Does anyone here know why??? I do. U.A.W. workers striked, after returning to work a small group of disgruntled workers sabotaged around 6,500 engines, what did they do you may ask. They installed ring up side down on cylinders 7 and 8. Now this may not be true, but it was leaked by a Ford employee. So maybe this can explain why some fail and some don't. All I'm saying is that something isn't right. Just because I have a street tune, Steeda CAI and mid pipe back exhaust making 402rwhp, my car shouldn't have had a problem.

beers

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The fact is the tec's have to call hotline for motor repairs on the Coyote. From there it's downhill if you had/have a tune

So you probably did have a tune, and now that they found it, you're pissed Ford won't pay for your engine damage? If they found something in your PCM, it's because something was there... They don't just make shit up. You work for Revolution Performance and you've raced the shit out of everything else you've owned. You really left your car stock? Not likely.

And, all this talk about your "source" who knows someone at Ford sounds BS to me. It's hearsay at best. We've sold a bunch of early build 5.0's and haven't had a problem with any of them that were left stock. If there were a problem with them, we'd see more of them fail. As it is, it seems the only ones failing are the ones that are modified, or have aftermarket tunes on them.

If your car really was bone stock, then you should get an attorney. Since Ford found some sort of evidence your car was modified, you probably already know an attorney would be a waste of time.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
So you probably did have a tune, and now that they found it, you're pissed Ford won't pay for your engine damage? If they found something in your PCM, it's because something was there... They don't just make shit up. You work for Revolution Performance and you've raced the shit out of everything else you've owned. You really left your car stock? Not likely.

And, all this talk about your "source" who knows someone at Ford sounds BS to me. It's hearsay at best. We've sold a bunch of early build 5.0's and haven't had a problem with any of them that were left stock. If there were a problem with them, we'd see more of them fail. As it is, it seems the only ones failing are the ones that are modified, or have aftermarket tunes on them.

If your car really was bone stock, then you should get an attorney. Since Ford found some sort of evidence your car was modified, you probably already know an attorney would be a waste of time.

No probably, its been brought out they DID have a tune, the car started acting up, and he returned it to stock, drove 500 miles, then took it in.

Swoope

Reaction score
No probably, its been brought out they DID have a tune, the car started acting up, and he returned it to stock, drove 500 miles, then took it in.

waiting for the answer from op, hope it is not the #8.

but just because it is getting mentioned in this thread also. this is the quote from long ago that got deleted.

Originally Posted by 19kobra99
Don't know it all!! If my car has a canned tune, the same you could have, and my car breaks and yours doesn't, what could be the explanation? My tuner has been in the game for a looong time and his "tune" didn't break the car. Something is wrong that the part failed. A little more background info. The 5.0 was a couple of months late to the party. The production was backed a couple of months.... Does anyone here know why??? I do. U.A.W. workers striked, after returning to work a small group of disgruntled workers sabotaged around 6,500 engines, what did they do you may ask. They installed ring up side down on cylinders 7 and 8. Now this may not be true, but it was leaked by a Ford employee. So maybe this can explain why some fail and some don't. All I'm saying is that something isn't right. Just because I have a street tune, Steeda CAI and mid pipe back exhaust making 402rwhp, my car shouldn't have had a problem.

beers

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back