5.0 ? Whats so special about these mustangs,every one is going back to stock.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Ohhh, 40hp added from DA really?
Are you saying my stock car had 340hp instead of 300?
Or are you subtracting from bad DA, meaning people with bad enough DA are running 260hp?
Sorry, I'm not trying to be confusing. The DA in your area of the country allows your car to make MUCH more power, hence your times will naturally be better. You credited driving skill in your post, and I am countering that the extra horsepower will also make a difference. It's well known that when conditions are good at MIR, all the well-prepped stock cars and good drivers make an appearance to get that "impossible" timeslip that can't be achieved anywhere else.

It's kind of like having to explain a joke, it doesn't seem so funny when you have to break it down.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I understand... but it ran what it ran let's not get too picky now.
I know what you're saying and it's 100% correct. :beerdrink:

what is on the slip is what is on the slip at the end of the day, I don't do this whole correction thing.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
<10 passes doesn't mean much. That's a centri blower too...much easier on the bottom end. There's been folks on here run 600whp with a centri on a stock 3V.

All in all, I think it's safe to say the 5.0 can handle 100 more HP. Other than that, I can't come up with a reason to buy one. :beerdrink:

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
As if that's not enough all by itself. :beer:

Looks play a part for me too. That's just how I roll.

BTW look at the torque number on the 700HP car. My car only makes 540whp and has alot more torque. Ultimately torque/rpm is what will break shit.

Last edited:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't believe how bad the 3v getting it in here. Most of us know the 5.0 is a better car, that's the whole idea of R&D. However, it's cracking me up to read that the 3v only run's in the 13's if your in the northeast. That is incorrect, they only run high 12's in the northeast. Mid 13's is a common and average number for the 3v. it's be done on many forums, and magazines.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
OK This BS has tooo STOP

ULTRA go start a 5.0 S197 Forum Please :rant::rant::rant:

We should rename this forum to S197/4.6Forum

:popcorneat:

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
OK This BS has tooo STOP

ULTRA go start a 5.0 S197 Forum Please :rant::rant::rant:

We should rename this forum to S197/4.6Forum

:popcorneat:

all_your_base.jpg

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit!! this thread went 10 pages in two days!! all of us must have no lives!!

And me more of a no life jack ass for reading all 10 pages!!!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's kinda like we were all rats on the good ship 4.6. Then the new shiny ship 5.0 docked next door. Well, before you know it, rats are jumping ship for the new shiny cheese. Of course, this causes a ruckus on the good ship 4.6! All the rats start to wonder if that new shiny cheese is better than the old cheese! Then a big ol fat buck rat (ULTRACLA$$IC) jumps ship and sets off a big commotion! Now, sad to say, eventually, most rats will jump ship leaving just a few lonely rats to haunt the good ship 4.6. The end.

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
It's kinda like we were all rats on the good ship 4.6. Then the new shiny ship 5.0 docked next door. Well, before you know it, rats are jumping ship for the new shiny cheese. Of course, this causes a ruckus on the good ship 4.6! All the rats start to wonder if that new shiny cheese is better than the old cheese! Then a big ol fat buck rat (ULTRACLA$$IC) jumps ship and sets off a big commotion! Now, sad to say, eventually, most rats will jump ship leaving just a few lonely rats to haunt the good ship 4.6. The end.

Ok now you have me scratching my head saying :wtf1:

Misfit_5.0

Tools Required: Beer
Reaction score
Holy shit!! this thread went 10 pages in two days!! all of us must have no lives!!

And me more of a no life jack ass for reading all 10 pages!!!

You sir are not alone. What a pathetic life I must live. Well I'll jump in my 5.0 to bring a smile to my face. :stir: LOL!

Cheap shot but well worth it.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I'm old technology, the 3V is old technology. Works for me!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back