Anyone lose interest in modding their mustangs?

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Not bored with the car, but I did lose my taste for big projects. My 2-valve ruined me for that. I poured everything I had (and some I didn't have) into it and got nowhere. I gave up on it and sold it. Since then I buy new ones that are already fast and do a few things here and there. No more big project cars though. I much prefer driving them to working on them.

Turd burglar

forum member
Reaction score
^i know that feeling all too well. Had a Mazdaspeed 3 i sank a boatload into, and it only required more and more money to keep it runnin. Sold it for next to nothin just to wash my hands of it. Pretty responsible with my mods now, but the horsepower bug never stops bitin!

Drewskie

forum member
Reaction score
Very bored with my car. Got married almost a year ago, and I just can't justify buying hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of parts for a car. Not that the wife has any real problem with it, but it's just not a responsible way to spend our money. Most of my free time and money goes to golf now anyway. I've thought about selling and buying a little civic or focus just because they are cheap and easy but haven't been able to bring myself to it yet.

Silverrider

forum member
Reaction score
I did all the performance mods I want... except fi. Now I wish I had done some beauty mods and suspension mods mixed in there. I just bought my first house, have a 2010 1500 ram slt and the wife drives a 2011 kia.. the mustang and kia are paid for but I feel selfish wanting to put anymore money into the car. Everytime we "find" extra money it goes right into the house.. but I just bought it in December so we need to get things how we want. The 09 has 13k miles on it and I am making a point to drive it more once winter is over! Some of you guys have a million more dollars invested into your cars than me! Lol

Reaction score
Buy a Honda.
LOL, I DD a 4 door jeep wrangler. So my mustang feels like a rocket ship. My main disgust is with the mustang aftermarket. Kind of sad when i want to put stock ford parts(boss 302 etc) on my car rather than aftermarket shit because its such garbage.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, I DD a 4 door jeep wrangler. So my mustang feels like a rocket ship. My main disgust is with the mustang aftermarket. Kind of sad when i want to put stock ford parts(boss 302 etc) on my car rather than aftermarket shit because its such garbage.

Any particular parts you're angry about?

Reaction score
Any particular parts you're angry about?

Lol, not angry I just want to do things to the car just nothing appeals.

Edit: I do wish there were better tail light and head light options for the 10-12 stangs to be more like 13+

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of selling mine and buying either a G8 or CTS-V. I feel bored with it until I get in and drive it. Then I fall in love all over again.

I've been driving a S197 since they first came out, purchasing a new 2005 V6 in Nov 2004. I've had the GT since Dec 2007 so I've been in one of these cars for a few years now. I just can't see myself getting rid of the car even though there are "faster" cars out there (cough cough 5.oh). I have an emotional attachment to this car.

Now I've been contemplating supercharging or putting a turbo on the car but I'm not sure if I want to handle the headaches that can possibly come with doing so. I also don't want to dump anymore money into it.

For now I'm keeping the car. It's paid for. I drive it every day to and from work, used to drive it 100 miles/day when I commuted for school. Only issue I've ever had with it is the alternator going out twice last year which was covered under warranty. Overall it has been a very dependable car, and that's what I appreciate about it.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
I don't get to drive mine enough to get bored with it. 2 1/2 yrs and she just broke 6k.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
uh wut? lol

haha Doug knows what's up. It's a joke from one of those long ass threads of mindless rambling/arguing that came up on the forum awhile back. Reason for the username change, too.

But yes, the GT is staying no matter what I decide to buy next. I just love the car too damn much. :beerdrink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back