Bad way to start a day

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
cf78e85192d41d6fb9181c511e3fa1a7.jpg

Hot something I didnt see in the road on my way to work this morning....

Anyone know a good but reasonably priced paint shop in southern ca? (I'm in Orange County)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ugh, that's terrible. I did worse last fall, we have these damn rolling bins for recycling/garbage, I had the recycling one out for pickup and forgot about it, it was in the C pillar blind spot or I did not notice it as I backed up, managed to hit it with the rear bumper, and as it fell over it hit the 1/4! Not huge damage, just completely unnecessary.

Looking at that I'd say a wet sanding and a rotary would probably make it unnoticeable, especially since it's down low on the door (?)

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
It feels pretty deep, and if a wet sand will do. I've never done that before and would be hesitant to do it.

At the same time I can finally get the small scratch and dent that a stupid lifter jeep put in a month after I picked her up. The guy hit my car parking and left before I knew what happend.

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
I got a 1st estimate of $275 from a highly regarded mobile paint repair with a full facility....otherwise it's been $500-900 quotes

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Cant tell, but was the clear coat severely damaged? Am I looking at more than just scuff marks?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I got mine in a similar fashion a month after buying it last year. Ran over the edge of a glass beer bottle and the chunk flew up and gouged the fender right behind the front tire. Got the stripes too, so I'll need a new stripe kit.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I can touch that up for you. If you buy the paint I have all my own brushes and rollers.

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
Really? Where are you located? I'm actually relocating to San Jose next week....wish I saw this earlier, been kinda pre-occupied with the move

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
Obviously I'm an idiot and didn't completely read that last statement very funny guys!!!!

07 Boss

Reaction score
I was just trying to lighten the mood. Sorry for the confusion, lol

travelers

Reaction score
Now that sucks Stang8psi. I would be pissed especially after I had my bumper modified to fit the 13/14 tail lites..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back