blown shock

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
messing the the car on the lift today and noticed my left rear shock is blown, it's all covered in oil. Replacement shock (BC Racing) is 203 week backorder.

Will I damage anything if I drive my car with that shock damaged while waiting on replacements?

07 Boss

Reaction score
You'll just bounce around a little. But seeing how it is already blown it should drive as it did yesterday.

Lawlessjay

forum member
Reaction score
I drove a koni str front strut blown for about a week and when I would hit a bump you can feel the piston bottoming out. It was horrible and oil was everywhere.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I drove a koni str front strut blown for about a week and when I would hit a bump you can feel the piston bottoming out. It was horrible and oil was everywhere.

That sucks. This one seems to have contained most of the oil to the shock body and the bottom attachment point. (for now)

I was more curious as to the long term effects of driving the car with a blown shock, like the 2-3 weeks they said the backorder was. If it would eventually damage anything or would I just bounce around and get that corner all oily? Would it put more stress on the other shocks and cause them to wear out faster or fail as well?

However, I don't have to worry about it, new shocks were shipped out yesterday and they arrive today.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
messing the the car on the lift today and noticed my left rear shock is blown, it's all covered in oil. Replacement shock (BC Racing) is 203 week backorder.

Will I damage anything if I drive my car with that shock damaged while waiting on replacements?

I thought you literally meant 203 weeks. I was about to remind you that is almost four years. LOL

46addict

Reaction score
If anything you would have seen irregular tire wear (cupping) on that corner. But I'm glad BC made it right for you.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I thought you literally meant 203 weeks. I was about to remind you that is almost four years. LOL

LOL! Yea, I'd go a different route if it were 203 weeks! haha

I was maybe gonna throw the stockers back in there, see how long they lived at that low of a setting. But yea, BC made it right.

That tire is more worn that the right rear. I suppose that's part of the cause then? Oh well, have 2 new Invo's to go back there too.

46addict

Reaction score
The tire being more worn on that side could be from worn trac-lok clutch packs, but never mind that if your car has a Torsen diff.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back