BOSS Intake on Modded Auto

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Our dyno results were similar to others I've found online. They seem to lose power down low, but carry the power out much further up top. The graph below was a test on our auto car with a stock intake vs. the BOSS. We saw a gain of 59 RWHP at 7,400 RPM's. I have a feeling cams are going to make some good power on this car.

Mods are:

Livernois Motorsports 12:1 Pistons
Livernois Motorsports Stage 1 CNC Heads (Stock Cams)
BOSS Manifold
Stainless Works Headers, Catted Mid-Pipe, and Catback
CAI
4.10 Ring & Pinion
Circle D Stall Converter
Livernois Motorsports 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft
Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune
FRPP Springs & Adjustable Shocks/Struts
Drag Radials/Skinnies

BOSS.jpg
\

bossintake-1.jpg

:clap:

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice work!

I look forward to seeing what the difference is in the quarter.

Reaction score
Can't really see the chart, or my eyes aren't what they used to be. Congrats.

Intervention

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, it definitely displays blurry. Stock intake numbers were 428/393 and BOSS intake numbers were 441/379. At 7,400 rpm's it was up 59 RWHP / 39 RWTQ.

-Rick

Rick, any insight on rev limits of the motor with stock valvetrain?

Intervention

forum member
Reaction score
Our car has stock cams and springs and I have over 120 track passes and 50 dyno pulls with it shifting at 7,800.

-Rick

Cant complain with that. Any words on power gains from the CNC'd heads? I am looking to keep mine NA and possibly due heads and cams in the future

Reaction score
Wow, it definitely displays blurry. Stock intake numbers were 428/393 and BOSS intake numbers were 441/379. At 7,400 rpm's it was up 59 RWHP / 39 RWTQ.

-Rick

Thanks, i could tell there was a gain but really did not know what they were.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Cant complain with that. Any words on power gains from the CNC'd heads? I am looking to keep mine NA and possibly due heads and cams in the future

I'm not sure you'll see much with just heads on a N/A application. Our car has ported heads, but also has more compression. It really needs a set of cams. We've been pretty busy, but hope to get a stock 5.0 on the engine dyno and do different tests like that soon.

-Rick

Intervention

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure you'll see much with just heads on a N/A application. Our car has ported heads, but also has more compression. It really needs a set of cams. We've been pretty busy, but hope to get a stock 5.0 on the engine dyno and do different tests like that soon.

-Rick

That sounds fantastic. I might skip the heads then, and go straight to cams as soon as they are available.

Cams with the Boss 302 intake manifold sounds to be a great combination!

I loved seeing your white track car at my local track(NED). I personally saw it race the red Z06 and took video as well. What a race

Last edited:

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
The power was nearly identical to the power it made with the prototype manifold that was on it. Best ET was 10.89 @ 123 mph at full weight minus tire and jack and wheels/tires.

-Rick

Did you ever run it with the Stock Manifold, all other modifications being the same?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back