Boss Intake ???

mustang_fan

Reaction score
Is there any other tests? I would like to see more than one.

I will be installing similar parts March 26. And doing a baseline and post intall run.

I'll try to remember to make a post here, but just in case, follow my twitter account not to miss anything: http://twitter.com/#!/50Stangs

Run 1: Stock tune, stock intake, K&N drop filter, Ford Racing axle back, 3.73 gears 6 speed manual
Run 2: Bama 93 race tune, Boss manifold, L&M 82mm throttle body, JLT Cold air intake, Ford Racing Axle back, 3.73 gears.

This will give stock 5.0 owners with manual a clear idea what to expect with upgrading to Boss 302 Manifolds, Intake, and Bama tune.

Jim Vaccaro

forum member
Reaction score
We've been pretty straight forward with our testing.

We tested it on a car here back to back.
Boss lost power down low and showed a power increase after the stock intake dropped off, maybe 20hp @ 7600rpms. Peak was about the same its peak was at 7600 but only maybe 5-7hp more. It just moved it's peak way up in the rpm range

With Cams and Heads it's the way to go. I was dissappointed with the results with cams and the boss with stock heads. The stocker crushed it downlow and had a higher Peak HP number. It just messed with the curve. Not in a good way

Not easy to Critique these setups a lot of mods that work well within a specific setup and without compatable mods don't work as well,It all goes back to diferent setups that work well together

IMHO
We need to do more track testing

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I promised video a while back:

Sorry for the delay! Video guy was out last week...

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I know someone who is supposed to be testing soon, but I don't want him to have any beef with me by spilling the beans.

ROUSH1711

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol...we all knew beefy was testing one soon..hopefully others will as well

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
mine is beign tested with same boost as first run . then upping the boost, will be this friday or next tuesday

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back