Boss Intake ???

Jim Vaccaro

forum member
Reaction score
Does Boss Intake and re tune make ET better without supporting Mods ??? IE Cams, and Springs to increase RPM's to past 7500...?

My Point is without big gears and these supporting mods ,,By itself the Boss Intake could actually reduse your ET.... :(

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that it will have a negative affect on the track times. By keeping the RPM's up higher where the Boss likes to make power over the stock intake will help alot.

We had planned on going to our local track yesterday but the weather was not good. We will be going next weekend or even Wed night to Cecil to see what our car can do.

The previous videos that I posted showing where the RPM drop off was at the 3-4 shift shows that when shifting at 7600rpms you only drop down to 6200 in the next gear and thats about 500 rpms away from where the stock intake starts to drop off in power wheras the Boss intake made 52 more HP at 7200 rpm's then the stocker.

Whatever the results I will post them up.

Thanks,

JJ

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
I will have mine on my car tuesday and retuned for racing Saturday. I am anxious to see how it does on an auto with 4.10 gears.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
Yah know for so many shops and tuners to allready have these on cars, they are being very vague about results. I know it's winter time and everything and so and so has a magazine article they are trying to protect but something stinks to me. I know in the long run after a ton of mods these intakes will work wonders,,but??????????????

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
From one shop tha tran there car already with basic mods the intake didnt help at all. they ran 11.64 with it 11.68 with out it...

I think unless full bolt ons and some gearing and a great tune its not worth it.

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
I really doubt anything changes. FWIW the data on the new BOSS was posted today for the laguna seca. ran a 12.7 @ 112 best.

Jim Vaccaro

forum member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that it will have a negative affect on the track times. By keeping the RPM's up higher where the Boss likes to make power over the stock intake will help alot.

Whatever the results I will post them up.

Thanks,

JJ

Looking foward to your results

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
From our results with the Boss I would say if you have the car geared correctly and live in the 6500-7500rpm range it will be worth some. Other than that it works great with heads and cams. Worst thing is your not going past 7750rpms, and these engines would keep pulling if they could

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
From our results with the Boss I would say if you have the car geared correctly and live in the 6500-7500rpm range it will be worth some. Other than that it works great with heads and cams. Worst thing is your not going past 7750rpms, and these engines would keep pulling if they could

We hit 7,804 tonight data logging my car tuning for the intake. Seems that 7,800 is the hard stop on the PCM as reported.

With a ~28" tire, 3.90 looks to be the best bet for rear gear on the M6.

Last edited:

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
We hit 7,804 tonight data logging my car tuning for the intake. Seems that 7,800 is the hard stop on the PCM as reported.

With a ~28" tire, 3.90 looks to be the best bet for rear gear on the M6.

Thats a pretty general statement. Is that directed towards a track car? And crossing the line in what gear?

A car trapping 120mph with 28" tall tires in 5th would only be turning 56-5700 rpm. Maybe you were talking about 4th gear?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Thats a pretty general statement. Is that directed towards a track car? And crossing the line in what gear?

A car trapping 120mph with 28" tall tires in 5th would only be turning 56-5700 rpm. Maybe you were talking about 4th gear?

Not a general statement at all.

3.90, ~28" tire, 4th gear, ~7,500 = 120MPH

Shouldn't have to shift to 5th. That is a bad idea and have personally seen a MT-82 go south doing so.

46foxcoupe

forum member
Reaction score

Shouldn't have to shift to 5th. That is a bad idea and have personally seen a MT-82 go south doing so.

From what I understand, shifting to 5's acceptable with the new transmission because it's not an overdrive gear.

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score

Makes sense, one less gear change is just less potential wasted time and opportunity for mistake.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Yah know for so many shops and tuners to allready have these on cars, they are being very vague about results. I know it's winter time and everything and so and so has a magazine article they are trying to protect but something stinks to me. I know in the long run after a ton of mods these intakes will work wonders,,but??????????????
agreed. kind of reminds you of how things went after the FRPP 3V intake was released doesnt it?

i have no interest in a boss intake. my car is a dd that will see limited track time. i plan on keeping 3.73s in it and my money is better spent elsewhere. its all in the combo, and for me,the boss doesnt fit.

but its good to know its available for the future.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
agreed. kind of reminds you of how things went after the FRPP 3V intake was released doesnt it?

i have no interest in a boss intake. my car is a dd that will see limited track time. i plan on keeping 3.73s in it and my money is better spent elsewhere. its all in the combo, and for me,the boss doesnt fit.

but its good to know its available for the future.

We've been pretty straight forward with our testing.

We tested it on a car here back to back.
Boss lost power down low and showed a power increase after the stock intake dropped off, maybe 20hp @ 7600rpms. Peak was about the same its peak was at 7600 but only maybe 5-7hp more. It just moved it's peak way up in the rpm range

With Cams and Heads it's the way to go. I was dissappointed with the results with cams and the boss with stock heads. The stocker crushed it downlow and had a higher Peak HP number. It just messed with the curve. Not in a good way

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back