Brake Installation

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I have done brakes in the past (long time ago) and I'm about to install the SSBC Force 10 Tri-power brake kit on the front and Force 10 Sport R1 kit on the rear. It consists of new calipers, rotors and pads which doesn't sound too difficult.

What I'm concerned about is the bleeding procedures for a car with anti-lock brakes and a hydraulic clutch. Is there any specific procedures, tips or tricks that I need to be aware of? Last time I did a full brake swap was forever+1 ago and brakes have come a long way since then.

Any help would be appreciated....

thx in advance...

R

redbullet

I remove M/C cap and gravity bleed each caliper individually starting at the right rear then left / right front then left. I'm normally bleeding one caliper as I am doing the R&R on another.

Keep on eye on the M/C fluid level. I'll bleed about a 1/4 of the M/C. Fill it up and bleed the next.

Once all calipers are installed and gravity bled, I'll stroke the M/C a few times and go around to each one again and crack the bleeder open and check for any air bubbles.

Once this is done, I get the bank manager or helper to assist in bleeding them the old fashioned way of 'gently' applying pressure to the brake pedal.

Don't pump the pedal and then crack the bleeder because any air in the system just became little air bubbles.

Just don't let the M/C go dry..........

You can also get some Speed Bleeders for a one man job.

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info. Seems like the procedures are pretty much the same as they are for non anti-lock brakes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back