Can traction control get mad?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I think I made it mad. Like, real mad.

Left the car wash, went to get on the expressway, dude was going slow to turn another way. I waited until he was out of the way, then I gave it the beans in first (usually sticks on warm dry pavement) and it slammed the limiter, so I let off and grabbed 2nd, which started to spin again, and then it pulled power. Then about every 100 feet or so at 60mph, it would pulse the rear brakes in a pattern, until I pulled onto an exit ramp, coasted, turned the car off and back on, then it was fine.

Did I make it mad? I usually turn it off if I am planning on driving like a child, but I've also got the impulse control of a child.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Probably still dropping water in front of your back tires. May have made it mad by doing that lol

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I think it just got grumpy because it was taking a nap and I woke it up with a baseball bat. I like how loose the traction control is in these cars normally, but it really felt like it lagged behind the way it destroyed the tires in first. No clutch, no tomfoolery, it was just to the board from about 5 or 10 mph, and it lit them bitches up hard. I want to go back to the road after work today to see if I drew an 11 or not.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
TC mad at me :(
Brotherhood+++loved+it+lots+of+feels+_0591eed04a855fcf3880ebca24fb45f3.jpg

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i think it was more of the abs you were messing with. rear wheels moving at 100 mph while front wheels are at 10 or 15. its like when you dyno your car and it lights up the abs

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had that happen once right after leaving a gas station. Apparently I drove through a bit of diesel fuel, which is super slippery. I went to give it gas on an on-ramp, and my AdvanceTrac light came on and my car pulled power. Then it was fine after about a quarter mile.

Also, while doing a parade lap at Charlotte Motor Speedway (under 45 mph, stupid pace car), I forgot to disable AdvanceTrac. It went NUTS. The banking made the poor car think it was in a rollover. No matter what I did, "SERVICE ADVANCETRAC" stayed on in the message center, even after turning the car off and on multiple times. I freaked the fuck out. Then after driving it for a few hundred feet, the lights went away.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
There have been a few instances where Advancetrac started doing weird stuff with individual brakes. From what I've heard, early-suffix ABS modules apparently played a major part.

Post #176 in "Advanctrac incident caught on Flight Data Recorder" over on AllFordMustangs said:
The new ABS Control Module Part # is: BR3Z2C219C
The earlier glitchy modules ended in A or B

Norm

Last edited:

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had something similar happen to me once after leaving an automatic car wash, I think it got water in/on/around the sensor and it flipped

McLovin

forum member
Reaction score
I had that happen once right after leaving a gas station. Apparently I drove through a bit of diesel fuel, which is super slippery. I went to give it gas on an on-ramp, and my AdvanceTrac light came on and my car pulled power. Then it was fine after about a quarter mile.

Also, while doing a parade lap at Charlotte Motor Speedway (under 45 mph, stupid pace car), I forgot to disable AdvanceTrac. It went NUTS. The banking made the poor car think it was in a rollover. No matter what I did, "SERVICE ADVANCETRAC" stayed on in the message center, even after turning the car off and on multiple times. I freaked the fuck out. Then after driving it for a few hundred feet, the lights went away.

Slightly Off-Topic, but in Vegas during our "parade laps" the pace cars were easily doing 95-100mph and I never once saw the AdvanceTrac come on. But if I remember correctly, Charlotte has much more banking the Vegas.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Just turn that crap off in the tune and have a fun car all the time :)
It takes a real driver though with all that POWAH and no cumputah to slow ya down!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Slightly Off-Topic, but in Vegas during our "parade laps" the pace cars were easily doing 95-100mph and I never once saw the AdvanceTrac come on. But if I remember correctly, Charlotte has much more banking the Vegas.

Turns 1 and 2 at CMS feel like you're driving on a wall. No excuse for the pace car to only do 45 mph, though. Jerk. :mad2:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I made my ECU mad by spiking a 225deg IAT once. It went into limp home mode on me.

Pussy ECU

ecae1d65150d059dd450da978b9ae2fe3caf1e46f914b135f6357f16791e610b.jpg

tractioncontrol.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
/\ father of the year up there

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I drive >90% of the time with traction control on. The yellow light would make me mad as fuck.

Back