Do you think this is a good idea and will stick around?

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
Many customers have asked for lay a way program. I have started one now.
Its 20% down and the balance in 30 days.If weekly payments are made,then it extends your 30 days.No payments made,no extension.
When paid in full, item will be shipped.

So who thinks that will go over or not?

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like the idea..I can hide it from the wife much easier this way.:clap:..I am going to do some more research on the TCI 3000.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's an amazing thing to do. Unheard of to me before now. I hope you can make it very clear what happens if they do not follow through in the 30 days though. There could be snags and in the end they may "talk/post" like it's all your fault.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Might be good for some, but it doesn't do much for me.

And I agree with Gig... what happens at 30 days if payments are not made?

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
I like the idea..I can hide it from the wife much easier this way.:clap:..I am going to do some more research on the TCI 3000.

I have the tci 3000 in mine. We actually gained 2.5-3.5 tenths out of it at the track.Now this is when it was bone stock.We actually"tested" it for a couple weeks on the street and track and then took it out for the winter. We recently put it back in and have not been back to the track. But will be going this weekend. Thats was in my 06. I traded that car in on the car I have now and we added more mods to this one.

That's an amazing thing to do. Unheard of to me before now. I hope you can make it very clear what happens if they do not follow through in the 30 days though. There could be snags and in the end they may "talk/post" like it's all your fault.

Its this simple-If they dont pay it all off, they will have a credit.Sorry to be harsh, but I'm going out on a limb here.Partly because I know how it is to want to mod, and then not have all the money to do it for a couple weeks.
As long as they pay on it weekly or bi weekly it will extend there 30 days.In other words,If on the 28th day, they tell me they have had problems and want to make a payment then that will be fine.Payments are a minum of 20% of your balnce.

xxDerek

Reaction score
Take it from one of the people on here that doesn't have a ton of money, payments each WEEK wont really be worth much... if you wanted to change it to a 2 week payment thing for 60 days, that would make it easier for people... Definitely not trying to knock what you're doing, because it's awesome you're considering doing this for us customers, but just something to think about

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
yup. especially us that get paid bi-weekly ;) but wouldn't it just be easier to save the cash ourselves little by little and then make the full purchase? what happens if we start making payments and almost have the thing paid off but then decided we don't want it after all? will you give the full amount they've paid back?

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
Read above post, If I hold an item that you wanted for a month or more and you change your mind, then you get a credit. You can use it towards anything else.

Those terms will be laid out in plain english,when someone wants to do a lay a way.And the can make a weekly- bi weekly or like I said as long as they have made a pyament by the 29th day, it will extend their time.

But if its decided, that they dont want the items anymore, then it is a 100% store credit, that they will have.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
that's what i was wondering. so it becomes a store credit. this sounds interesting. where can i look at what you carry?

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
The site is still under construction,but go to
www.jtsgofastgoodies.com

There is some of the items on there,not many but some.We carry the full line of CHE,MACS,BMR,FRPP,and KOOKS. Also we will have used parts from customers cars from time to time.

This site is our builder site for now.You will be able to pay with paypal and credit card from the site.Hope this helps you guys out and any other questions, just ask.

PS.If you do go with the lay a way and change your mind, we ask that you use the credit up within 6 months.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
decent idea for sure, but ultimately i see this ending in :pissed1::angry1:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
sounds good.

was looking through that site and saw the pics of your car.... one pic in the gallery has a picture of a grabber orange, the other saying at the line in the forum is a picture of a silver one. do you have two?

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
Yes we had two 07's.Got rid of the GO and now just my tungsten one and 06 gt.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Many customers have asked for lay a way program. I have started one now.
Its 20% down and the balance in 30 days.If weekly payments are made,then it extends your 30 days.No payments made,no extension.
When paid in full, item will be shipped.

So who thinks that will go over or not?
Its a good idea especially considering our economy, I have a few things I would liked to lay a way, because I hate putting shit on the Visa.

But my question too you would be what happens if you guys go under? Say I have sent you 500.00 for something that cost 1k, how would you refund the cash or am I just SOL? And this needs to be in writting.

Last edited:

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
Its a good idea especially considering our economy, I have a few things I would liked to lay a way, because I hate putting shit on the Visa.

But my question too you would be what happens if you guys go under? Say I have sent you 500.00 for something that cost 1k, how would you refund the cash or am I just SOL? And this needs to be in writting.

We have thought about that also.I also own a paving business.I have done so very very well for the last 21 years.And dont plan on going out,but I know things happen.

Actually the deposits are deposited in a diffrent account than my sales account.So if I go under, you will get your money back.As a matter of fact, thats the only way that a cash refund is given.

If you pay with paypal, it is kept in paypal,until sale is complete.If you pay with money order or check, it is put in a deposit account in my bank.

All the lay a ways will have a email sent to them that simply explains the guidelines and states what would happen to your cash if we go belly up.If our customers want it faxed to them, we can do that also and would request a faxed copy with your signature in return.

Its alot of work for this to insure myself and the customer,but I think it will help some of the customers get what they want and I think it may help me gain more customers.

bigastrk

Reaction score
I see you ending up with parts that people change their minds on and then not being able to sell them.. Unless you are waiting until its paid in full to order their part? I know some of the stuff may be in stock but some of the special order stuff may come back to bite ya unless you order once paid for. The only reason I say this is cause a buddy of mine is learning the same thing with diesel parts that people change their minds on.

06Roadstarman

Nucking Futter
Reaction score
I like that you are willing to take some small risk to bring in business. In a bear economy with people holding on to cash, getting those potential customers to make that initial purchase with a brand new e-company is a challenge. Your approach should help ease that hesitation. Once you get your site up fully, I will give you a look and if I decide to purchase, I usually start with a fairly small amount to limit my exposure.......too many crooks out there and I really don't know you yet. If things go well, then I put you on the "okay to buy from" list but still limited. As things progress and if I have a problem and you handle it expeditously to my satisfaction then you move to a "preferred supplier list".....I currently only have one on that list. It only takes one bad experience to erase all of the positive transactions.

You know this but you will have to keep very detailed transaction/communication records. You are going to get falsely accused and/or bashed by some folks even if you are the best supplier. How you handle that will define the extent of your success/failure. Just look at suppliers like Blue Oval Industies, RPM Outlet, and some others to see what can happen on a forum when you treat customers poorly.

Oh, as to your question.....I think it CAN work but will it? I would suggest that when the clock is down to one week left before some payment is due that an e-mail (which was verified at the beginning of this contract) is sent to the buyer that a minimum payment (specify amount) is due by "date" in order to retain the order.

Good Luck

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
06- Yes I am new to selling parts, but not to business in general.
You can look at my feedback on such places as ebay,corral,kyhorsepower, and even here.
Customer service will be great with us.I can promise you that.And also I'm not really starting the lay a way to sell, but instead because I have been asked quite a few times to do so.So I figured we would give it a shot. I also know what it's like to work on our cars and need just another month to pay for the last part lol.
I look forward to selling to you and anyone. A 50 dollar order gets the same service as a 5000 dollar order.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back