Drag racer headed to Sebring!

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Sincerely I would suggest not spending more money in the car for now, if you like this, you'll need for cooling mods, tires and brakes mostly.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Well my problem was I had no mounts on my struts for the front sway bar...I cut them off when I added the coil over kit. Last night I actually welded some mounts back on and today I remounted my front sway bar after modifying the radiator support to clear the down pipe. Tomorrow I'm going for a good test drive to try it out.

DRock

Reaction score
Megan stuff ain't bad. It's not high end and probably won't be as good as your ground control stuff but it will be ok

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Actually talked to a local shop today and got a better deal on some BC coilovers. So probably going that route.

silverstangz

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Paul it Scott ( 05 Silverstang on Stangforce) we were just at Sebring a couple of weekends ago at a vette trackday ( wish we had taken ours ) but got to ride along with an instructor in a grand sport vette , the track is AMAZING !! one thing I was told from both track days I did was look ahead !! like WAY ahead was what the instructor told me. IF, I get the Saturday off , I was thinking about coming down because I think they are offering a trackguys test day for like $50.00 , that gets you classroom, a parade lap, and a session " at speed" I'll let you know if I end up doing it ( might be in the vette, stang needs tires ) but you are going to have a blast!!!!

a50cobra

forum member
Reaction score
As stated above/before, worry about a good braking system (pads & rotors with good brake fluid) and stay on street tires. Probably don't need all of the other stuff right now. Get your rest, drink lots of water, listen to your instructor and HAVE FUN!!

Keep an eye out for me too. I will see you guys there! :beer:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Most ill be able to do for brakes right now is new pads, rotors on stock calipers with blue stuff fluid.

I was planning to just buy some stock rotors, fluid is already changed....what pads should I get?

a50cobra

forum member
Reaction score
I was planning to just buy some stock rotors, fluid is already changed....what pads should I get?

Hawk DTC-70 in the front and DTC-60 in the rear is used by a lot of people around here and they seem to like them.

Carbotech offers XP12/XP10.

I will be using the Raybestos ST43 pads in the front and Hawk HP Plus in the rear. Using Motul RBF600 and Ford Racing's brake ducts I had zero brake issues at Sebring last year.

Make sure to use new rotors for the new pads and do a proper bedding of the pads before you head out.

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
Hawk DTC-70 in the front and DTC-60 in the rear is used by a lot of people around here and they seem to like them.

Carbotech offers XP12/XP10.

I will be using the Raybestos ST43 pads in the front and Hawk HP Plus in the rear. Using Motul RBF600 and Ford Racing's brake ducts I had zero brake issues at Sebring last year.

Make sure to use new rotors for the new pads and do a proper bedding of the pads before you head out.
Does this mean that Reybestos doesnt have a good pad for the rear? I'm leaning towards the ST43 on the front too.

a50cobra

forum member
Reaction score
Does this mean that Reybestos doesnt have a good pad for the rear? I'm leaning towards the ST43 on the front too.

No, it does not mean that, necessarily. Just sharing the combo I used last year.

When I bought the pads for the front, the ST43 compound was not available for the rears at the time. If they are available now, please let me know because I would love a set for the rears as well. I just haven't checked.

I used the HP+ in the rears because it was what I had available to me. It wa$ ju$t a timing i$$ue that ju$t $eem$ happen now and again :thumb2:

You will like the ST43 pads at the track. After the first lap or so of heavy braking (getting some heat into them), they will take all you want to throw at them. Keep in mind, once you're done with your track day, you will want to replace them back with your street pads and rotors ASAP for your daily driving. They are NOISY!!!!! and not very good at cold temps. I hope that helps.

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
No, it does not mean that, necessarily. Just sharing the combo I used last year.

When I bought the pads for the front, the ST43 compound was not available for the rears at the time. If they are available now, please let me know because I would love a set for the rears as well. I just haven't checked.

I used the HP+ in the rears because it was what I had available to me. It wa$ ju$t a timing i$$ue that ju$t $eem$ happen now and again :thumb2:

You will like the ST43 pads at the track. After the first lap or so of heavy braking (getting some heat into them), they will take all you want to throw at them. Keep in mind, once you're done with your track day, you will want to replace them back with your street pads and rotors ASAP for your daily driving. They are NOISY!!!!! and not very good at cold temps. I hope that helps.
Well, that clears it up for me. Have you ever tried their more aggresive pads on the front, st41 and st47? How are the srt43 on rotors?

a50cobra

forum member
Reaction score
Nope. Just the 43's. And they are just as you would expect them to be on rotors. The rotors had some white discoloration from the heat, but no cracks or excessive wear. The pads will outlast the rotors if you need them to. I will just buy another set of cheap blank rotors when the time comes.

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
Nope. Just the 43's. And they are just as you would expect them to be on rotors. The rotors had some white discoloration from the heat, but no cracks or excessive wear. The pads will outlast the rotors if you need them to. I will just buy another set of cheap blank rotors when the time comes.
For the price I'm surprised more people dont use these pads. Do you think ST43 front and rear on a brembo gt would work ok, or should I try a less aggressive compound for the rear. These will be a special order anyway. It looks like they do have the st43 rear available on special order.

a50cobra

forum member
Reaction score
There is only one way to find out...lol. I have seen many/some people saying our cars work very well with the same compound F/R. Others stick to the traditional more aggressive compound in the F and less in the R. As with most things, YMMV.
Where are you getting the rears from in a "special order?" Just curious.
(Sorry OP for jacking the thread)

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Wow, those pads are not cheap! My connection on the BC coilovers fell thru, but I've been told I live local to BC so I'm going to give them a call and see what I can get. Also found another local place a can grab my 18x10 wheels...

Back