Finally, the new build!

Back@itagain

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! Have you heard anything good about this header wrap spray, it s a silicone spray rated to 1500 degrees that you can use to seal and protect the wrap after its on. Thought about trying it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEI-HT-Sili...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c680dc29a

I use it. My headers have been wrapped for the last two years (not a DD) and its holding up really well with the occasional touch up. I used safety wire to keep things tight instead of the supplied clamps. It's not as aesthetically appealing after spraying it but it gets the job done!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah the wrap by itself ususaly lasts a couple years before having to redo it, I may give that stuff a shot then.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Well it made the trip to Greg's garage!...

Image09292012103126.jpg

Last edited:

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Is that the CXRacing cold side? I dig it a lot more than the stock one. But looks like you need to move more shit.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It a treadstone 4.5" core intercooler, custom setup I did before I knew about the cx setup. Fits in easy only thing I did was a upr sway bar delete brace to make room for the piping.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup slimfan shroud helped too, forgot about that. K member isnt really in the way of the coldside piping.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So...3 hours later....

oil drained
coolant drained
front tires removed
water pump pulley removed
crank pulley bolt removed
serp belt removed
slim fans/shroud removed
7/8 header bolts each side removed

calling it a day!

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jeremy i may have cried alittle seeing your car on a tow dolly. It looked sad.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jeremy i may have cried alittle seeing your car on a tow dolly. It looked sad.

Not as much as we were trying to get that &*&(*&*&^$#$%$& onto it!

We know you are not supposed to use a dolly to tow a RWD car but without it running there was not way we were going to get it on/of a car trailer; our original plan was to tow it with the rear wheels on the dolly so that way the car could be put in gear/e brake on and increase the odds of it not coming off the dolly....well....we could not get the front wheels to lock into straight ahead so when we started towing the car it was dragging...ok, onto plan B which was to put the car on with the front wheels on the dolly..yeah....not happening with the bumper/splitter on the car...oops...so, off came the bumper, onto the dolly went the car.

Tow the car to my house where we get suprise number two..there is oil everywhere on the under carriage and engine bay...WTF....what we figured was the oil feed line still had oil in it/air turbulence was creating a vaccum that sucked the oil out of the pan and into the line spewing it everywhere...yuck....so we start wiping eveything down, get the car off the trailer-which is fun trying to get get a grip with your hands/feet when they are covered with oil-and start trying to get the car up the driveway...yeah..not so much....as much fun as it was trying to get the car off the trailer was increasd 10x trying to push a effin vert UP a driveway...so....remember the threads I had about whether or not to buy a tractor or zero turn mower? Yep..hooked the straps up to the Z turn, did some peeling out on the driveway but up the driveway the car went!:clap:

Oh...forgot to mention what really made this event a blast..it was raining the whole time!:helpme:

And to top it all off...as the car was being towed into the garage the wife came out to see what the commotion was, looked at us and said "you did not just use the mower to tow a mustang, did you?"...looked at us, shook her head and went back inside!:omfg:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back