Fuel Rail return system HELP

XtremeStang

forum member
Reaction score
I have L&M building a motor for me 4.6 3v with a KB 2.8 Mammoth and having problem with my aeromotive fuel rail hitting the bottom of intake on passeger side. On the drivers side the fuel rail won't allow me to connect the fuel line to the end because the bypass valve blocks the end of rail. Anyone with any suggestion.-

XtremeStang

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry dont have any pictures BC its at the builder...I was hoping someone had the same problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I believe its a common issue with KB's. There are only a couple sets of rails that fit without modifications.

XtremeStang

forum member
Reaction score
Could I block off one end of rail where the bypass is (driver side), then run the feed into passenger side back of rail from there run the two front connectors to pressure regulator. Return comes out of botton of regulator. Will this work.

Back@itagain

forum member
Reaction score
Could I block off one end of rail where the bypass is (driver side), then run the feed into passenger side back of rail from there run the two front connectors to pressure regulator. Return comes out of botton of regulator. Will this work.

So then you would basically be dead heading into the driver side rail and running a true return on the passenger...Its sounds physically possible but it would probably drive your tuner nuts.

Are there other options for fittings that might work. You would be amazed at the amount of stuff out there but the more exotic it gets the price goes up exponentially. I think I've got about $150 into 2 fittings just because of clearances issues at the end of the rails.

XtremeStang

forum member
Reaction score
I pm'ed Sherrodmustang and he has same blower, he cap both ends of his fuel rails with zero problems. I spoke to my builder, Mike @ L&M engines and said Jon Lund had no issues with tuning it.

Thanks Guys

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Another shop I tuned the car welded an adapter close to bypass, vertically between the 7 and 8, was scared about #8 running out of fuel at the beginning but always ran like a champ.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I pm'ed Sherrodmustang and he has same blower, he cap both ends of his fuel rails with zero problems. I spoke to my builder, Mike @ L&M engines and said Jon Lund had no issues with tuning it.

Thanks Guys

That is it my friend, glad I could help!

Cap the ends and run a feed line from the regulator to each rail. I run a seperate line to each side. You will be good to go!

P3100022.jpg

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is it my friend, glad I could help!

Cap the ends and run a feed line from the regulator to each rail. I run a seperate line to each side. You will be good to go!

That is exactly how mine are ran as well. Back side of each rail is capped.
Run a line from the pressure regulator to the front of each rail

fuel.jpg

lito

forum member
Reaction score
There is one issue with having it set that way (setting the regulator as a bypass -not sure if this is the right way to call it, my interpretation is that it is but can be wrong) with the rails capped.

The issue is heatsoaking, I haven't found a return system setup that is perfect in every way. Both have temp issues but I had to switch from the pre-regulated to the post-regulated because of heat soaking. I have seen fuel temps over 170F with it.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's going E85, so I would think the fuel temps would be lower, thoughts Lito?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Never thought of that, If I am not wrong alcohol based fuels would have an slower rate of heating than gasoline because of its properties BUT it will heat soak too (only that it would take more time to) and the issue I think one could face is that it may boil before than gasoline? if so you can suffer from vapour locking?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back