Going for a stock bottom end 3v nitrous record sat....

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Well managed a new pb on motor and spray yesterday! Da was 1000-1300 feet. Im convinced the stall converter is perfect for my car on the nitrous but could stand to be a little looser for the motor. None the less, im happy with it. New pb on spray left hand slip, motor on right.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks yall .....and yes....it is still with stock cams. Valve covers never been off :)

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Good job! Well deserved sir.
Thanks! Gonna spend some dough with you guys over the winter .....bmr k member, Vikings for the rear, and one of those famous ARB's!. plan is to see how far I can go on the stock engine. Im thinking the suspension mods mentioned above, a standalone fuel system for the nitrous,a progressive controller, and some jets that equate to 225 hp. I figure if I use the progressive to make it hit out of the hole with the 150 then ramp the rest in 2 sec out the engine may live for a while b/c max tq , which in my opinion is what kills stock rods, should still happen on the hit.

sbt1320

forum member
Reaction score
Got a late start with trailer light issues, made a shakedown run on motor and only one other pass all day do to breakage and clean ups...then testing ended for the night when they flew the driver of a NO Time LX that found the wall on top end after the traps and rolled several times. So we got one test run on 100 shot with a conservative tune a little spin off the line for an 11.607 @ 117.98 / 7.424 @ 93.39 everything is still in one piece so it's a start!

Last edited:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Got a late start with trailer light issues, made a shakedown run on motor and only one other pass all day do to breakage and clean ups...then testing ended for the night when they flew the driver of a NO Time LX that found the wall on top end after the traps and rolled several times. So we got one test run on 100 shot with a conservative tune a little spin off the line for an 11.607 @ 117.98 / 7.424 @ 93.39 everything is still in one piece so it's a start!
Nice numbers for your first pass on a 100 shot!

sbt1320

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, we'll have to see what the weather is like the next two weekends after that we'll have to wait until March.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Good job there,,

I see you're in the Mooresville area,, I just finished installing a NX kit with a Daytona NC2 progressive controller on my car and am planning going out Saturday to see if I can't break some ch!t.

Well managed a new pb on motor and spray yesterday! Da was 1000-1300 feet. Im convinced the stall converter is perfect for my car on the nitrous but could stand to be a little looser for the motor. None the less, im happy with it. New pb on spray left hand slip, motor on right.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Good job there,,

I see you're in the Mooresville area,, I just finished installing a NX kit with a Daytona NC2 progressive controller on my car and am planning going out Saturday to see if I can't break some ch!t.
were u out there last this past Saturday? We are going to shadyside on this Saturday

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
were u out there last this past Saturday? We are going to shadyside on this Saturday

I got there about 2 and was having shifting issues, I could not hit hit 4th without granny shifting,, I thought it might just be the tranny was cold but after driving to work today I'm not so sure it isn't the clutch.

Good luck at Shady Side,

sbt1320

forum member
Reaction score
Have not seen any N2O posting yet this spring. Anyone else cracking open the bottle yet besides me? Isn't it time to lower the record again?

Last edited:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
If I ever get a built motor to drop in, I'd like to set up the bottle on my car again and blow this shit up. Car is still running good after numerous nitrous passes at the track and I'm closing in on 112 k miles without any issues.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back