Good Micro Fiber Towels

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
who makes some good microfiber towels? i have a ton of the cheap ones, but they always "shed" after i wash them once. they actually make my car look worst because of all the fibers that come off

are their any good towels out their that wont break the bank? also should i be hand washing these towels maybe?

and is there a certain type of towel i should use for drying?

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about waffle-weave towels for drying (like Meguiars ones), and check Autopia.org (?) for the microfiber, and anything else detailing-related, they know what's going on.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered a bunch of MF's from pakshak.com and also ordered the WW for drying. All the towels seem way nicer then any I have previously owned (OTC) and pakshak is having a sale.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I need to buy a good pair of drying towels. Just washed my fiance's suv for the first time using the two bucket method but the cheap wal Mart drying towel left spots and lint all over the vehicle. Had to go back and clean it again with a spray detailer to get the spots and lint off.

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a 50 pack from costco for like $17 and I've never had issues with them shedding or becoming crap after I wash them. And they also had a pack of 3 blue monster or something called that way a while back and I bought a pack, and they are super soft.. I always use those when I spray detailer or after I wax..

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I use the 50 pack from Home Depot. People even ask me where I got those snazzy orange towels from.

You can use almost any microfiber towel out there. The difference is in how to wash them: only on cold, and use a bit of simple green and citrus degreaser to get all the oils out. Add a little bit of vinegar during the rinse cycle to soften them up. Afterwards, whatever you do, do not dry them on any kind of hot air. Too much heat and you'll melt the little microfiber ends, and your absorption will be gone.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
^ thats where I mess mine up. I always throw them in the dryer after washing. I'm going to buy a pack at Costco today.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I buy the 6pk of micro fiber towels from Walmart and they hold up pretty well, Ive washed them several times and they are still good

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
i might give the walmart ones a try, if they dont work then i'll have to spring for some more expensive brands

the ones i have got from the auto parts stores have held up ok, i got some for super cheap from meritline.com but they are only good for clean house hold stuff lol

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Everything PakShak is good. Chemical Guys Monsters and they are on sale from time to time. Autowerkes has a few nice towels.

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Everything PakShak is good. Chemical Guys Monsters and they are on sale from time to time. Autowerkes has a few nice towels.

Chemical guy monsters by far the best towel I have used. Also u get a 3 pack for 10 bucks.

merk

forum member
Reaction score
I use the CG towels as well. They are a quality towel at a good price. Not a fan of there ww drying towel though.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I got these towels called the rethickulous microfiber towel from detailedimage.com. best towels I have ever used. There so stout but tough as well u can wash them and use em over and over.

zinc02gt

Reaction score
Huge fan of all of PakShack's MF towels.

You get what you pay for. Cobra waffle weaves are garbage compared to my PakShack WW. I've never had good luck with Cobra MF's. They didn't meet my standards.

I'll get a side by side comparison tomorrow of my Cobra's to my PakShack's.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back