GT500 Throttle body.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So on my quest to get a GT500 throttle body for my car I have run across a few things. I went ahead and ordered one after little research. Four problems.

First small one is I need a 5"-4.5" coupler. Easy fix.

Second is because I have taller 60lbs injectors the throttle body is hitting my fuel line, and actually cut through the rubber part of it. I need new fuel rails with lines coming off the front. Easy Fix.

Third is that the TPS made it so the TB did not fit. The Stock TPS was 24mm wide and the GT500 TPS is 30mm wide!! Hopefully an easy fix as I switched TPS between the two.

Fourth is the bolt holes are 135mm apart on the Whipple elbow (stock 3V TB) and the holes on the GT500 TB are 140mm apart. Little harder of a fix as I will have to drill another hole or ream the hole already there.

My only question is this: Does anyone think the TPS switching will pose any problems? I was told they both should operate on a 0-5V principle. Can anyone confirm this? Or should I get a tune that uses the 3V TPS and the GT500 throttle opener gear DBW thingy?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The only thing I can really contribute to this is, the TPS is the exact same part number for GT, and GT500 from 05-10. The part number has updated a few times since '05, so there may be some physical differences, but they'll all interchange. So switching TPS sensors will work fine.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can really contribute to this is, the TPS is the exact same part number for GT, and GT500 from 05-10. The part number has updated a few times since '05, so there may be some physical differences, but they'll all interchange. So switching TPS sensors will work fine.

That is good to know, thanks!! Other than that I think I have everything else under control!! Just to find a 5"-4.5" Coupler!!!

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back